2013/04/08 17:50:13
IWISH2FISH
Hit the canal by the bridge to nowhere today with very limited success. A few big gills and a pile of dinks - no crappie at all. Three others besides myself with nobody catching much. Picked up a bobber along shore that still had a fish attached. Was surprise to find a WARMOUTH on it and still in good shape. He acted pretty happy to be free !
2013/04/08 18:22:09
Pachuckles
Did you park by the gate and walk back the lane?
Is that farm land open to the public?
The last I knew it was posted, but it maybe open now.
2013/04/08 20:39:46
IWISH2FISH
Parked by the gate. I checked all over for any signs but didn't see a thing - not even old post or remnants from the past. If everybody minds their manners - doesn't block the driveway and keeps their garbage picked up hopefully it won't get posted again. 
2013/04/09 08:41:53
fishin coyote
It is still posted, some slob tore the signs down.
Depending on the current mood of the owner as to whether you can fish or not. I was told the reason it got posted to begin with was the owner was having a family get together across the canal and a group of guys were getting loud & obnoxious and when the owner told them to settle down they started cussing him out.
Personally I think you've already missed the best time now that Pymy has started to turn on.
Mike
2013/04/09 09:39:48
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
I agree.  Was still posted last I knew.  Had new signs up all winter.  What a disgrace if some jackazz decided to just come along and tear the signs down
2013/04/10 12:19:52
58 FASTWIN
This whole mentality of property having to be posted is a very sore subject for me. 

Just because land is not posted does not give you the right just to walk onto it. Yes, it is private.....yes, the owner can be an****....stop and ask his permission to fish back there. If he catches you and you don't have permission, he has the right to chase you out.

Where did we get in this world where everyone can walk wherever they want if it's not "posted". My land is my land.....if you don't know if your supposed to be there, don't be there. Something to be said for educating yourelf. 

The signs we torn down by people who wanted to fish back there and thought if they had no signs, they could "claim" that they didn't know. Ignorance is no excuse !

2013/04/10 12:56:15
The Ref
Well said 58...those signs were there just a few months ago...also towards the end of the ice season I drove through that area on the other side of the canal where the houses are and down by that little beach the property was all tore up in front of it and across the street the grass in that persons yard was torn up from tires spinning to get out of the mud. Someone will now have some unexpected work to do to fix that mess. 3 big signs by that beach stating private property....
2013/04/10 21:58:49
IWISH2FISH
Got to admit you are absolutely right I should have known better. 45 yrs. of walking back through that field to fish made it too easy(that by the way is not meant to be an  excuse). Won't make that mistake again.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account