2013/04/17 17:47:53
troutguy
In case anyone is interested.....
http://fishandboat.com/images/reports/2013bio/2x04_12conneau.pdf

I have very limited experience fishing it, mainly because of the lack of shore access and when out on the boat you have to deal with all the pleasure boaters during the summer.  I guess it's the place for pike and bowfin.  My type of fish, mean and full of teeth!  The panfish population, especially bluegill, seems to be very good. A few gar also showed up which I thought was pretty cool.  Anyone have any personal experience with gar there? 
2013/04/17 21:20:40
IWISH2FISH
troutguy - Alot more experience  ice fishing then open water but the pike fishing on ice is generally very good. Our best this year was 38" and the average length is close to - if not legal limit (24"). As for GAR we never see them ice fishing. we see and catch alot of BOWFIN. If your looking for toothy critters I doubt you'll be disappointed with the lake. If you fish out of a boat GOOD LUCK , alot of very rude recreatoinal boaters on this lake and they're not all visitors. They start early and stay late and rarely miss an opportunity to buss the people fishing.
2013/04/17 21:58:28
CatchinPABass
He's right about the boat fishing.....people are a holes on that lake.  We was fishing in a 15 foot tri-haul/bass boat and sure enough some jag off came on plane 50+ mph towing a water skier in a cove we thought was proteced enough to fish about 10 ft away from us.  With that said, we bobbed like a no wake bouy and there was a foot of water in the boat after it came pouring in from his wake....lets just say he was lucky we couldn't run him down that day cause he would of got it. 
IWISH2FISH

troutguy - Alot more experience  ice fishing then open water but the pike fishing on ice is generally very good. Our best this year was 38" and the average length is close to - if not legal limit (24"). As for GAR we never see them ice fishing. we see and catch alot of BOWFIN. If your looking for toothy critters I doubt you'll be disappointed with the lake. If you fish out of a boat GOOD LUCK , alot of very rude recreatoinal boaters on this lake and they're not all visitors. They start early and stay late and rarely miss an opportunity to buss the people fishing.

2013/04/18 08:35:41
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
There is no doubt that there is loads of pike in conneaut. I've seen a few small gar skimming along the surface while panfishing in the spring, threw everything I had at them, but couldn't get them to bite.  Get up early in the summer and you can hit the lake for a few hours in the am without too many problems from the skiers.  Might be a few out, but its usually pretty mellow.  Speaking of conneaut lake, its supposed to be 82* today.  This guy is about to burn some vacation time
2013/04/23 11:28:00
BoroMusky
it'd be nice if the fish n boat would restrict some of the bays from skiers and wakes. still let the skiers and jet skis have their fun, and give the fisherman and leisure boaters some protected areas too.
2013/04/23 11:34:33
CU@theriver
it would be great if people cleaned their boats and gear and stopped spreading zebra mussels

2013/04/23 17:32:29
troutguy
CU@theriver

it would be great if people cleaned their boats and gear and stopped spreading zebra mussels

+1
2013/04/23 17:45:45
KingKool
What about the carp? Anything of size (ie 25 lbs and up)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account