• Northwest PA
  • Looking for some help finding fish species. (p.3)
2020/05/04 22:58:30
BeenThereDoneThat.
That's really cool Crappie, did he release it?
2020/05/04 23:11:21
crappiefisher
 Yeah, He don't eat fish, Think they are mushy meat. If it wasn't for me he  would let'em all loose. Told him this year to catch me some Pan Fish & quit hunting Bass since I can't catch the dang things. Might have been a big mistake... had to fillet 22 slabs today from Arthur 

crappy

2020/05/04 23:21:45
BeenThereDoneThat.
Your boys do really good with their fishing. I'll bet they could keep you pretty busy filleting fish.

I've heard Bowfin are good eating. I was wondering if you might be frying some up. It looked like a nice size. Bet it was fun to land.

umm, I think we know better about you not able to catch fish when you can get out.
2020/05/04 23:41:11
crappiefisher
 Even if they are good eating (maybe u thinking Burbot) I would let 'em live, kool looking native prehistoric fish. 

Only my one son has been out so far this season. Hoping to get the other two out enjoying the good times soon. Crap last time was out fishin' Pymy could only catch Carp  Was actually fun... miss the river as a kid having a blast with 'em.

crappy
2020/05/05 00:17:07
BeenThereDoneThat.
I've been told they resemble catfish in taste and was wondering if you had ever tried eating the fish.

Very cool looking and I heard a fun fish to land. I know the PGC ask they be released and had posters showing the difference between the bowfin and the snakehead.

Good times and tight lines.

Keep the pictures coming.
2020/05/06 16:09:42
aballish01
I don't have any local to me. When the fish species literally isn't near you it kind of is thunderpole.
2020/05/11 21:55:14
thunderpole
Lol I was just busting your balls, I have literally caught them on hotdogs tho

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account