2018/10/17 10:34:30
BeenThereDoneThat.
Any new info??? Worth a drive for a look around? Maybe see some property for sale?
2018/10/17 12:06:18
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
Any new info??? Worth a drive for a look around? Maybe see some property for sale?
heck yeah, would love to see you with lakefront property or should I say soon to be lakefront property . Just hoping that the Dock is big enough for two boats ...ha ha
2018/10/17 14:11:54
BeenThereDoneThat.
Hahaa.... Mopars, We been looking in the area of Tamarack but there ain't a lot of "lake front" property we found to date. Lots of lovely homes in the general area and several fixer uppers but nothing that reaches out and says welcome home.

Talked with one real estate agent (shady looking character) said he had some land for sale. He said I'd have to wait to build if I bought the property. Give some construction outfit time to relocate a lot of heavy equipment first.

Hell of a deal too!! 😈
2018/10/23 19:55:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
As they say in the old country "a picture is worth a thousand words".

Well if that be the case, here is a hell of a story and I'll just leave it to yinz to try and figure out, just what in the hell, I'm trying to say.

The fishing pier patiently awaits.

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Meadville end of lake.

Chocranton end of lake.

Attachment(s)

2018/11/12 10:57:51
SaltWaterRocks
Tamarack Lake will be "substantially done" in January.  Check out the Article in the Meadville Tribune.
2018/11/12 21:39:25
CAPTAIN HOOK
Just an old memory for you boys............2010

2018/11/13 07:11:18
BeenThereDoneThat.
Great picture Capt. but the memories go well beyond the pier.

From your picture turn to your left, the old barn with the milkhouse. The barn with leaky wooden rowboats along lakeshore and, on the milkhouse, a sign reading bait.

Standing on shore, before dawn's early light, hear the skree skra of the oar locks, as I row a leaky wooden row boat never more ~ Tamarack memories.👍👍👍
2018/11/13 07:52:48
olds-Pa
Oh what memories that picture brings back. Back in the day I heard how good a chartreuse D-T4 was. I searched all over until I finally found one on e-bay. With shipping and all, I paid $9 bucks for it. Half way down the right side of that pier I made my first cast with it A couple cranks of the reel and strike, and a second after that, snip, and my 9 dollar chartreuse D-t4 was cut off by a musky. Thanks Captain... 
2018/11/13 08:15:14
BeenThereDoneThat.
OMGosh Olds, that is such a cute story, I gotta sit on my hands to keep from clapping. Stupid Musky!!! 😂😂
2018/11/14 07:36:30
treesparrow
 My son is now 28 yrs old and we fished Tamarack one fall when he was in high school so about ten + years ago. We trolled and casted for Musky. We ended the fall boating 14 and one 26 in eye. One evening we boated 5 and lost a couple. We had a ball and returned them all. I was going to keep one the last day we fished and hooked one not two minutes after launching. I released it as it was just a whisker shy of 40 inches and I figured we were going to crush them that evening. That being the last year of 30 inch is legal I figured a shorter one would taste better. That was the last hit we had and the last time we fished Tamarack. Good memories.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account