2018/01/03 08:05:35
olds-Pa
Thanks for the update, and positive good news Pa Fisher. I got some dirty looks from some folks wanting to hit the early ice  when it was forming, then got rained off in the warm up when I said," At least it isn't hurting Tamarack".
2018/01/03 09:46:00
BeenThereDoneThat.
Very good news, thanks for the update PA Fisher.
2018/02/16 09:47:37
BeenThereDoneThat.
UPDATE.........

Thomas Construction of Grove City, PA was awarded the project and construction meetings have taken place with CONSTRUCTION THAT BEGAN IN LATE NOVEMBER OF 2017.  Estimated time line includes a completion date expected to be at the end of December of 2018.

As both Tamarack Lake Dam areas are now considered a construction site, please remember no one is permitted to be on site other than Thomas Construction employees and subcontractors.  The property is not available to the general public.  Please remember to slow down when traveling in the area and to keep a safe distance from the construction site, as there will be slow moving, big construction equipment and lots of large trucks hauling materials in and around the area.

Good to see a local contractor landed the work and even better (short of a typo) a projected completion date of 12/18.  But certainly even with overruns in time, completion in early 2019 can be expected.  I hope.   

Work to both dams being completed too.
2018/02/16 13:50:47
H3Fisher
This is great news. I'm currently shopping for a house up around them parts. A lake a few minutes away would make it even better!
2018/02/16 15:21:08
fishin coyote
Went by the Meadville end yesterday. They're moving dirt around so I'd guess its finally started
Mike
2018/02/22 12:27:32
smally hunter
Only dirt work so far . I work with thomas hopefully we will be started on the dam work by the beginning of march . Once we really get going ill post updates
2018/02/22 13:14:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
smally hunter
Only dirt work so far . I work with thomas hopefully we will be started on the dam work by the beginning of march . Once we really get going ill post updates

Super and don't forget the pics...
2018/02/22 16:30:01
smally hunter
For sure were going to be having a safety meeting/briefing tomorrow will tell alot of whats going to happen.
2018/03/04 10:27:23
chauncy
Any updates yet?
2018/03/04 11:26:06
BeenThereDoneThat.
chauncy
Any updates yet?

Ken I don't know how dependable it will be but here is a link to a sight claiming to make updates available. Of course there is no current updates as of yet.

I think Smallyhunter forgot about us or, he fell asleep during the meeting. lol

https://westmead.org/tamarack-lake-update/

Hope the link posted from my phone OK..... stupid phone!!! 😉

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account