2016/04/27 09:52:24
BeenThereDoneThat.
Work scheduled to begin this summer has been changed to start this fall.  Paperwork and permits()  are holding the project as the work will involve each of two dams located in separate municipalities.

The latest info I've found to date:  http://wowway.net/news/re...k_lake_aims_for_fa-tca

2016/04/27 10:32:35
mopars0
I'm afraid that by the time we can fish it again ( if ever) .... I'll be so old , I will not know what to do with a fishing pole .....I had a stroke back in Sept 2011 and my wife says I already lost a bunch of brain cells 😝 .... Oh by the way I had the stroke while on a fishing trip in Canada , 18 miles by boat back in the bush ... Thank God for my 2 buddies getting me out and to the hospital or I might not be typing this now ....
2016/08/25 23:51:07
BeenThereDoneThat.
Anybody know if work has started on the Dams yet?
2016/08/26 07:05:30
olds-Pa
Thanks for the update old dog. I miss fishing that lake. Loved fishing it through the ice for walleyes. Like mopars, I will too old by the time it's fishable again.
2016/08/26 11:14:17
BeenThereDoneThat.
 When quizzed regarding Tamarack completion; "I'm going to have to get back to you"~ Paul Urbanik, chief engineer for the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission. 

The greatest response to ever be given, by one who is running around, on their elbows.

Did it take this long the first time the lake was drained, due to emergency repairs on the same dam, that needs repaired again?

Stupid red tape............

Thanks for the update OD.
2016/08/27 14:49:56
CAPTAIN HOOK
Not to jump lakes but anybody fishing Woodcock Lake up that way ?
Do they still stock Tiger Musky there, or have they stopped that program also ?
Only fished it twice years back and struck out both times. 
2016/08/27 14:59:52
outasync
This is the first year we haven't made it up to woodcock. The pic in my profile is from a few years back. There's always alot of small fish but the big ones are there. They just take a little more work and bigger lures.
2016/09/01 08:01:13
olds-Pa
The last time I was at Woodcock this year was towards the last of May. All we were catching was short walleyes and the occasional musky, mostly short ones also. None were tigers. One lunge in the over 40"class was kind enough to spit the Repala at the boat and not swim away with it.
2016/12/06 08:24:11
fishin coyote
An update that appeared in today's Meadville Tribune. 

http://www.meadvilletribune.com/news/local_news/tamarack-lake-s-restoration-delayed-again-now-with-no-timeline/article_b739729e-bb50-11e6-a26b-af893c32fb13.html

You just gotta laugh at the stupidity of our governments

Mike

2016/12/06 09:42:47
BeenThereDoneThat.
Mike it's a real shame. I gotta wonder how the project would be moving along if Mr. Wolf or another PBFC official owned property boardering Tamarack?

Possibly the anglers and property owners of Tamarack could have the lake designated a "trophy bass lake" and receive support from B.A.S.S. then maybe Mr. Arway can split his time between his pet S.O.S. project and the S.O.T. project.

"IF" the plans "ever" do get approved..... the initial money set aside for the construction, will become the next issue to stall the project.

Thanks for taking time to post the story.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account