2013/06/02 07:50:40
mook14
anyone know of any kayak rentals at Wilhelm? I cant find info on the marinia,called Fergies they don't have phone number.Tried Goddard park site cant find it there.
2013/06/02 08:41:24
woodnickle
Come and get mine....

small but works..lol
2013/06/02 10:00:34
mook14
Thanks for the offer John, I can borrow a friends also just thought maybe marinia  had rentals. Thinking about buying one wanted to try fishing from one 1st
2013/06/02 10:18:09
deetz4352
Consider trying both sit on tops and sit ins and find out which one works better for you. I love my sit on top , I know others love their sit ins. Its all a matter of preference. 

2013/06/02 13:44:00
mook14
thanks Deetz    I'm thinking sit on top also.Like the wilderness system Ride 115 advanced anglur a little pricey or Bass pro ascend fs 128T at half price .What do you have ? My buddy has a place at Vacationland campground that's why I'm looking for a rental at Wilhelm
2013/06/02 19:38:02
deetz4352
I have the Ascend Fs12T SOT.

Here is my ride...

2013/06/02 21:05:26
tire-iron
Question?
Sit on top Kayaks:

Are they stable?
Have you ever flipped yours?
Ever use in the rivers?
Do you get swamped by boters/barge waves?

Thanks in advance.

2013/06/02 21:31:40
deetz4352
Yes they are stable

No I have not ( I have exited the seat into the water and tried to get back on board on purpose , Im a big guy and was able to climb back on with effort)

Rivers - yes I have with no problems

There are scubber holes in the SOT yaks which allow water to drain , you cant sink a SOT unless you swamp the inside of the hull.
2013/06/02 22:27:42
frost
I have 2 ocean kayak prowler 13' SOT and love them. I'm 6'3" and was 250 and could stand on them to fish. Attempted to roll it and rocked it as hard as I could and all I did was roll myself out. Like deetz said I even climbed back on with no problem. I like the room of the SOT compared to the SIS. I use mine for fishing and waterfowl hunting. I have an 80lb lab that goes with me and can jump out, retrieve the birds and I can help him back in with no problem.

I took my yaks to the ocean and they work like a charm to take the bait out past the surf. My buddy brought his SIS, the locals call them "die insides", and watched him swamp his 2 times before he put it up and used my extra.

I've used it on creeks, rivers, lakes, swamps, ponds and the ocean.
2013/06/02 23:23:36
Shake n Bake
Sit on tops are great. They're very stable, I'd say unflippable. I personally have yet to stand up on mine but I plan on trying in the near future. Now that its warm I don't have to worry about freezing if things don't go as planned. I love that you can take the kayak in a mere couple inches of water to get to places that nobody else can get to. I use mine nearly every weekend at my camp in Shenango, either the lake or the river. I tried the sit in before I bought mine and hated being cramped. The sit on offers so much more room to move around and carry all of my stuff. I currently have the future beach angler 144 and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account