2013/05/04 10:40:32
wirenut45
any one know if the crappies are hitting on Shanango yet. haven,t seen any threads so just wonderin. T.Y.
2013/05/04 13:54:40
A friend and I, along with our 9 y.o. sons, fished from his boat on Shenango on Monday (4/29).  We found some in 8-11 feet of water near brush piles on the main lake, but did a lot of moving around before we found a consistent bite.  Mostly dinks though, with just a few slabs.  Water temps were about 53-56 that day if I remember correctly. 

FWIW, neither of us are real familiar with the lake, so if you know what you're doing there, you'll probably do better than we did.  He used to fish there as a kid 25+ years ago with his dad, and it's only the second time I've ever been there. 
2013/05/04 22:45:28
eye crosser
Fished there a couple of days this week and the on shore migration  hasn't happen yet.   Still finding fish in deeper water.   The ones close to shore are dinks.  Did get 2 slabs today trolling hot n tots for eyes.  Caught a gill the swallowed a 3 inch minnow and half of a 3 inch curly tail.  Can't wait for this darn winddto die down.  It was brutal out there this morning.
2013/05/05 08:08:09
wirenut45
o.k. thanks guys. used to take vac. around May 12 - 16 and wife ,n, i would hit lake hard for week, catch plenty for f.f. and freezer. last year ,they were early cause of warm weather  ,n, i,m getting antsy i guess. prolly hit it up couple days this week( may 6 - 10) i,ll let you know what i find.
2013/05/06 18:02:06
chauncy
I fished there today and the bite was fantastic. Only problem was they were all small. Both shallow and deep. Only used jigs. A few of the bigger ones had some color on them but the spawn hasn't heated up yet.
2013/05/06 18:26:38
eye crosser
Did you see those fish bodies in the water at the ramp Chauncy?  Who ever did it should take them out in the middle and dump them.  That wasn't a good place to throw them. 
2013/05/07 14:59:45
chauncy
Yes. He should have thrown them in the dumpster they have in either parking lot. Catfish wont even eat those skins. Hope he reads this and takes some good advice.
2013/05/08 18:43:21
eye crosser
Fished this morning for a couple of hours for walleyes and all I could catch were bass.  Landed 6 largemouth that ranged from 6 oz. to 5 lb.  White bass were a different thing, couldn't keep them off the hook.  Ended up with arouund 20+.  They were all around 12-14 feet  down over deep drop offs.  Find a ledge and you would have a fish on.  Every time I went over deep water the finder lit up like Christmas lights.   fish everywhere.  Now all I have to is find the darn eyes. 
2013/05/14 16:47:35
The Predator
Hi guys any reports on the crappie from this past week or weekend, water temp or spawn.
I'm asumming the fish are still in the deeper water.
Hey Chuancy how are you buddy
2013/05/14 17:58:42
eye crosser
Don't see to many people out fishing lately.   Been fishing the lake for eyes and usually I catch some crappy while I fish the shallows and haven't caught any lately.  Now white bass and largemouth are another story.  The large cats are just starting to hit trollled lures.  # for the lake 724-962-4384

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account