2013/07/07 21:15:52
fishingman62
I would like to try this tailwater out is it cold enough to hold fish this time of year....I would like use my flyrod  pulling some wollybuggers and drifting some soft hackle are the stripers and walleye there this time of year  looking to fish it this week any help would be greatly appreciated  
2013/07/07 21:57:05
steelhound
Good luck this week.
2013/07/07 22:05:33
woodnickle
Gates 1 through 7 are open at 1 ft each. Upper Shenango is also high and stained after being muddy most of the week. Pike and bass have been active along with panfish in the back eddys. Good luck and be safe. Rivers are flowing.
2013/07/07 22:26:56
troutguy
Yeah, it's very tough when it's high like it is now but not impossible.  Once it lowers it'll be much better. Smallmouths, along with big gills, crappie, white bass and hybrids, carp, and walleye and maybe a cat are all game on the fly rod this time of year, and probably in that order unless you're sight fishing to carp. I've gotten plenty of pike there, just none on the fly yet.  The trout are done, even though I have caught them there in late June/early July before they're not a common catch this time of year.  They're usually an October through the first half of June thing.

Honestly, my top two flies there(unless there's a hatch) are brown and white conehead woolly buggers.  Anything that looks like a minnow or a crayfish and you're set. 
2013/07/09 17:26:57
moooooo4me
I fished that place out 2 weeks after walleye came in

2013/07/13 06:57:06
CAPTAIN HOOK

You mean there were some fish left that second week !
2013/07/14 09:32:17
eye crosser
Someone must have forgotten to tell those 5 keepers (eyes) that I caught last week that they didn't belong there.  Don't fish at the wall but down stream.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account