2013/04/30 19:18:42
opsman
Since I am an "old timer' on this lake, I do remember the day, where just about every corner around the lake held some sort of bait shop.  Almost all are gone now, the one in the circle of Andover, Betty's in Linsesville, haven't been through Jamestown in years.  Used to be one by the old tunnel, and one  across the road.
Ah, the good old days.  But what I would like to know is  are there any baitshops around the lake that are open 24 hours anymore?  Is the earliest any shop open 5am?  I remember as a kid when we would go to Linesville to rent a boat and Lou or  Frank would be open before dawn, renting boats and selling bait. Didn't see too many boats at the launch (if that's what you could call it)  Only people with money had boats! lol  
Anyway, if anyone could help me out, let me know.
Thanks in advance
2013/04/30 21:48:17
JUST1FISH
Don't think this is what you looking for but there is a bait vending machine in town in linesville.
2013/05/01 06:10:26
PA_Kayak
Switch to artificial ... supply is available 24 hours
2013/05/01 08:46:45
woodnickle
Debow road and rt.6 is a honor system but not sure if its open 24-7. The Spot in Jamestown was closed a few years ago..thats the one by the tunnel.
2013/05/01 12:59:55
opsman
Thanks Mikastorm
Pa Kayak, never switch, outfish artificials two to one any day of the week.  Especially bass, when I get softshells and hellgramites
2013/08/14 04:58:00
opsman
Good to hear from you!  I know you can't wait to grab the waders!  I just happened to log in this morning and saw your post.  Heading up right now
****, it's CHILLY out there!  Haven't heard a peep about fishing so I'm stopping to get my bait at Gateway and get the scoop.  I'll let you know how we did.
2013/08/14 10:35:34
woodnickle
Rich your right..I knew it was something like that..lol
Good luck ops...haven,t heard anything for a week. My brother was up and caught them in 6-8 ft. last week. All on minnows.
2013/08/14 11:39:09
opsman
Well I didn't expect the rain today!!  Pretty miserable.  Cold, rain, windy, out of the northwest, whitecaps.
And no fish to speak of.  Also they had some strong storms yesterday a.m. and the water was stirred up.
But.
Not really an overly religious person, but witnessed something this morning that was truly wonderful.
This rainbow formed.  You can see the rain coming behind it, and you can see the opposite shoreline BEHIND it!  Yep, the end of the rainbow, right in the middle of the lake.  The color was so intense it hurt yours eyes.  Forgot all about the wind, the cold, the rain, and the waves!

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2013/08/14 11:41:08
opsman
sorry about the lousy pic.  Don't know why so grainy
2013/08/14 11:51:58
slabdaddy
awesome

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account