2013/08/28 17:31:23
StewFc
Anyone have any tips (not locations) RE: Pymie and the fall walleye bite? I routinely hear fall is the best time to catch numbers and quality fish. Being a relatively shallow lake, is there much of a turnover? Also, do they make any significant change in habitat (location/water depth)? I would imagine such a lake would have a year round population of shallow water eyes, but seasonal temperature changes may also dictate a change. In other words, would the summer tactics still hold in the fall ie stumps, shallow weeds? Any help appreciated, AGAIN, not asking for spots or locations.
2013/08/28 19:44:58
Fish5000
StewFc: I much prefer spring 'eyes at Pyme, but the fall bite is also excellent. I cast Rapalas, the ones between 2" to 6", but mostly the larger ones at night while wading, much like spring fishing, rocky points, etc... . There is definitely a fall turnover and generally it's somewhere between the last week of September and the 1st week of October. I don't have the knowledge for your last question as I've never tried it in the fall, sorry. Hope this little bit helps.
2013/08/29 10:15:23
StewFc
Any and all help/suggestions appreciated.
2013/08/29 21:32:39
slabfinder
Do a Google search for post gazette "fishing report" for previous years for sept, oct, Nov will show old posts of reports. May help.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account