2013/10/02 16:46:32
StewFc
Since the Fed Govt is "shut down", are the state run, public boat launches at Pymie still available for use? I get the difference but put nothing past "the powers that be".
2013/10/02 17:14:54
Timachro
It's the Federal gov't that's shut down. Not the state gov't. My wife thought the same thing about the state park campgrounds.
2013/10/02 18:18:51
StewFc
So I'm assuming the boat launches are still open and available for use????
2013/10/02 21:58:17
Mags00
Yeah they are, It's only places like Shenango, Woodcock, and other Army Core area's that are "closed"  as are the campgrounds and other amenities.  I don't think they closed and locked the entrances at said places but I don't think you can use the bathrooms and campgrounds unless they are non "federal land"  which IMO is total BS seeing as a majority of the populous pays taxes yet they are "closing" the land which we have a stake/share in...
2013/10/05 12:04:00
eye crosser
Every launch and any road used for access to the lake is closed with a wire and wooden barracade across the roads. Made for alot of unhappy hunters this morning and a few boaters.
2013/10/05 12:30:45
bubbaman
all because they are acting like a bunch of second graders in dc.  i'm right  no i'm right, no i'm right, gees get over it and do your jobs. hopefully most or all won't be there after the next elections
2013/10/05 13:48:30
StewFc
bubba: Sadly most will be re-elected. Last election, Congress had a 7% approval rating yet 97% of incumbents were re-elected. People are uninformed and simply go with name recognition. My local newspaper had a cartoon this week that showed a doctor, a plumber and a congressman. The caption said " Two of these people would be fired for not doing their job, the other will be re-elected".

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account