2013/11/18 14:15:31
The Ref
Will be up there for Bear season and I'm going to give the river a shot or some walleye next sunday. Never fished there before. Can anyone share a few tips for the area. Thanks in advance.
Tim
2013/11/18 17:37:37
ROCKHARD
REF,,from boat ,whole stretch descent,,,shorefishing,mouth of hickory creek in east hickry is descent,,also any stream mouth should produce for ya,,,big chubs,or 1/4 0z jigs with 3 inch twisters work well,,,i personaly would shot down 62 to oil city and fish sewage plant area,or tionesta outby lighthouse.
2013/11/19 12:52:53
The Ref
Thanks for the info Rockhard. I'll be on shore and I figured on hitting some
creek mouths, probably west hickory and there's a small feeder farther down
Jamison run rd. I won't have any bait but I will use jigs. I like bucktail jigs in the fall,
do you ever use them up on the Allegheny? When you say by the lighthouse is that by the mouth on Tionesta creek?
2013/11/19 14:47:57
ROCKHARD
YES LIGHTHOUSE BY MOUTH OF TIONESTA CR,good spot for shore fishing,,,,and yes to the jigs,,,bucktail and twister tails.,, i myself fish mostly towards kinzua dam,, but all that stretch is descent,,,walleyes should be on the move now,,,,dont forget spillway at tionesta dam also,,some other toothy critters also
2013/11/19 15:08:17
solitario lupo
some good pull offs on 62. Might find some good spots. I know I did.
2013/11/24 14:01:05
CAPTAIN HOOK
Lost a huge Brown Trout years back right at the West Hickory Allegheny mouth. Tossing Rap's for Smallmouth from shore. Broke off right at my boots......sucked.  Nice area to fish. 
2013/11/25 11:05:30
snydje
Ref,
Did you try to fish on Sunday? I was going to dunk a minnow but it was just too cold.  I know the mouth of West Hickory was frozen.

I know it's the wrong topic but any bears?
2013/11/26 15:53:59
The Ref
No I didn't fish snydje and sorry I didn't I guess I let the weather get the best of me.
I heard some guys were banging some eyes but I don't know for sure.
No bear either, I did cut a fresh track Mon. am and followed it for about 2 hrs. and it went
into real nasty jagger thicket that I wasn't going to crawl through.
2013/11/26 18:23:28
snydje
Very quiet for bears overall on the west end of Forest county. I went up to Tidioute Sat night and they had recorded only 2 small bears taken up on Tank Hill, 1 down by Nebraska bridge and I assume 1 on SGL 24.

As far as banging the eyes, I always hear about guys getting them but I rarely ever see an actual fish. I have watched guys sit on the bank by where Little Hickory enters the Allegheny for hours on end, only to catch one or two fish. 
2013/11/27 09:12:58
The Ref
Yes it was quiet where we were hunting...off of Dawson road and Jamison run not a whole lot of shooting.
We did hear that some butt-hole shot a 33lb cub...really thats half the size of my black lab. I'm sure he got alot of crap at the check station. I didn't see anyone fishing the cold must have kept everyone in.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account