2013/11/24 21:41:04
slabfinder
Shore fishing is always just a drive away.  

Unlike hauling a boat.  Unloading a boat and backtrolling just to stay on a break line, because the wind is blowing HARD and is pushing and pulling your bowmount trolling motor to the MAX!  Happened to me last time I was up.  Alot of guys forget about the tried and true boat tactic of backtrolling!  I'm glad I don't.  You may get soaked, but atleast you can stay on the fish.  

Ok?  Listen if you have a good typography map this is what I would do.   Find windward points, with structure, where there has been steady wind for a few days.  This will attract baitfish, due to a few reasons. A good point will have drop offs on both sides, walleye is an ambush predator, they will lay and wait because the cold has slowed their metabolism.  Depending on sun, wind, and bait fish they could be on either side or ontop of the point in a very active feeding mood.  

I'm not saying all walleye will be shallow, hypothetically speaking about "finding walleye shallow on shore this is how I would attack such a tall task."

Alright I'm ready for the haters, let me have it....
2013/11/24 22:58:54
slabdaddy
Makes sense to me dude. Good info. Thanks
2013/11/25 00:09:53
CAPTAIN HOOK
Purple Walleye pic no problem.......

2013/12/02 19:19:44
loby
Gonna be on Pymy either Wednesday or Thursday! Some ice out there but, I'll get out! Could be good if temps are as predicted! Last year at this time, great fishing! Look for the bait fish!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account