2013/10/14 09:52:31
apolloguy
anyone know why they didnt stock any late season trout in forest county this year?
2013/10/14 10:28:59
KingKool
low water in the streams is my guess and then there was the problem with the hatchery in Corry. Nothing stocked in Erie this year either..........
2013/10/14 11:17:03
mook14
I was told budget cuts only stocking populated areas "put them where the people live" is what a WCO told me.Told him we allways fished the fall up north he asked how many other fishermen  we saw  told him not many and that was the best part .So they stock sewer holes like Canonsburg lake .Fall was my favorite time to fish the mountain streams, I'm sure there are still fish to catch just not the numbers as before. I feel bad for camp owners deer herd gone now trout
2013/10/14 15:30:46
troutguy
As mook14 said, the main reason is lack of $$ and fisherman fishing the stocked streams in the fall.  There's a few stocked streams I fish in the fall that got taken off the list as well. Stinks, I'll miss fishing them this fall..

With that said, Forest County(and lots of others) has lots of streams that don't need stocked Other counties though, without the stocking program there wouldn't be any trout..

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account