• Northwest PA
  • Pymie is a ghost town! And I'm loving it! (p.4)
2013/10/22 19:07:12
TheBlueLagoon
sprint219
Don't need to post pics to tell everyone the success we have had!  I could just go back to not posting what we are catching and what depth.

Just sayin'

Go out and fish!  They are there!

basically you're full of **** then? just sayin'

a guy that comes on every day or every other day and says they hammmmmer walleye everytime out should back up there talk.
2013/10/22 19:12:10
sprint219
Don't have a reason to be "full of ****".  Call it whatever you want.  I'm not the only one catching fish.  Read the fishing reports about the lake!  Just sayin'
2013/10/23 09:46:19
StewFc
Everyone has COUNTLESS reasons to lie. However, the reasons to NOT post pics are minimal. As far as READING the reports, I read the descriptions of Obamacare from 2010 until October 2013. Then we got to see it!! Which is more than I can say for a number of posts with lofty claims. I would love to know that eye/perch action is picking up, and I would be quite happy for anyone that enjoys success, but I have learned to temper my enthusiasm until I have reason beyond the subjective. Just sayin'.......seein' is believin'!!!!
2013/10/25 11:38:53
sprint219
Way to turn the thread political!  Go out and catch some fish.  Then the "seein' is believin'".

ANYWAYS!  No walleye for the past couple days, but haven't been out in the boat either.  Caught some 10-12 inch perch and a few cats, along the causeway, on Wednesday and Thursday.  Going out this afternoon to see what we can get into; along the causeway again.  Who knows; I may even post a pic!
2013/10/25 11:57:24
slabdaddy
Just out of curiosity, what are you guys calling, "jumbo perch" on Pymie? Everyone seems to have their own definition of jumbo. I've never caught anything that I would consider a jumbo on Pymie. My biggest perch from there was around 12". I'd call 13"+ a jumbo.
2013/10/25 12:06:07
sprint219
Don't recall ever mentioning "jumbo" perch.  But I would call a 13" perch a "jumbo".  Have only caught a few that were 12" so far, but I have seen some 13" and 14" perch being pulled out in the past.  Not too recently, however.  But I'm sure they can be had!
2013/10/25 12:06:33
TheBlueLagoon
IMO- on an inland lake, considering the multiple factors that may affect their growth rate. I'd call 11"-12" Jumbo's on a lake like Pymie.
2013/10/25 12:57:56
chauncy
TheBlueLagoon
IMO- on an inland lake, considering the multiple factors that may affect their growth rate. I'd call 11"-12" Jumbo's on a lake like Pymie.

I would too. Caught lots of them this spring up in the stumps.
2013/10/25 14:26:44
Porktown
11"-12" fit perfectly in my cooler.  Agree with these two on what I'd consider big from inland waters.  I don't really use jumbo or slab often.  If I do, it is compared to my personal average, even for that day's average.  As long as it's 9" and it's going in my basket.  If more than 4, then they start going straight to the cooler...
2013/10/25 14:44:45
slabdaddy
Sprint, it may have been the other thread that mentioned jumbo perch. I still wanted to ask. You've seriously seen them that big out of Pymie? That's awesome. I'd like to get into a school of them. lol. Who wouldn't?

Blue and Chauncy, I'm beginning to see that most people begin calling them jumbos at 11". It seems that my criteria is a little high. The only places that I specifically fish for perch have pretty big ones, so I guess that's why I think the way I do. I fish Erie and two local lakes that have some really nice perch if you know where to look. I'd be happy sitting over a school of 11"-12" perch any day. I hope I get a chance this year once the ice comes on. Also, I've never pulled a walleye through the ice. I'm hoping Pymie gets good ice this year so I at least have a chance to ice some eyes.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account