2013/09/11 21:32:41
sprint219
Where are all the fishermen at?  Not at Pymie!  Can't really understand why.  The fishing is good if you know where to go.  Stopped at a couple different shops to find out some skinny, and one guy's info was more helpful (and more personable) than the other's.    But whatever!  LOL

2 guys in the boat today equaled two limits of walleye in 16' - 18' of water.  Caught most of them trolling Berkley Flicker Shads and Lindy Shadlings.  Caught a couple on harnesses.  Every one caught on a floating jighead was too small.  Caught a couple small ones in about 22' on Cicadas.

A few crappie in 10' - 12' where it drops off to deeper water.  Jighead and minnow and cicadas.

Caught a few dink perch.

2013/09/12 11:35:11
slabdaddy
That's a great report. Thanks for sharing. I need a day like that!
2013/09/13 18:02:13
Fish5000
Nice post Sprint219! That's what sick days are for - to call off work and go fishing! To answer your question, one possible reason for the shortage of people at Pyme is that the crowds typically dwindle after Labor Day and as September progresses into fall you'll see less and less of them.
2013/09/14 00:29:15
slabfinder
Rub it in I'm forced to work 72 hours this week!
2013/09/14 10:04:18
woodnickle
I must have held my mouth wrong because all I managed was crappie and perch.
And chauncy....who really knows his stuff ...only managed a few small crappie.
But that was on Sunday. I need some one that catches limits of walleye and 100 trout to teach me how to fish all over again. Dang I suck at it any more!

2013/09/17 21:25:24
Fish5000
slabfinder
Rub it in I'm forced to work 72 hours this week!

I'd be very resentful to say the least if I was forced to work those hours for a week Slab. Not attempting to top your story: I remember when I worked 60/week for 2 years solid. That was different though because I volunteered to do it [only because I was tempted with an insane amount of money]. Still ... I was very miserable, cranky and didn't sleep well at all. That was 9 years ago and it still has long lasting health implications which will never go away. Would I do it again ? Absolutely not, it really wasn't worth it in the end, but at the time it seemed like it was more than worth it. As they say, when one has their health, they have everything. That's sooo true and even though I knew better at the time, I had to be reminded of learning that lesson the hard way. 
2013/09/19 21:27:28
slabfinder
Just hope to get some fishing in before old man winter any reports?
2013/09/23 16:56:36
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Hit the south end bright and early Friday morning for a few hours before the rain moved in.  First stop we made marked a huge school of fish suspended in about 15ft of water, but they had lockjaw.  Threw everything we had at them with no takers.  Picked up a few fish in the second spot we drifted about 8-10ft of water.  Mostly perch, with on decent sized channel cat.  Saw the rain comming, and took off just in time.  Was one windy azz morning!
2013/09/26 11:25:39
woodnickle
went Tuesday and no eyes...hit all around bay 41 , beach, dam...nothing but gills perch cats and two sm...water temps were 67
used minnows, worms, spinners jigs.....three trips and no eyes...tried sonars too
think I,ll go steelheading for now on or Shenango for crappie
2013/09/26 14:29:54
chauncy
Good idea John. The crappie bite is good on shenango but lots of 7 to 8" fish are being caught.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account