• Northwest PA
  • What is the strangest or oddest fishing lure around ? (p.3)
2013/08/01 08:58:48
JEB
Slab,
I just upload the pics to my picture gallerey onthis forum and copy and paste from there.

snake head !
2013/08/05 12:03:17
CAPTAIN HOOK
Yea that's it Pike Vibrabat.....It actually was my Dad's lure from years past. It does have three holes...two in the front for depth adjustment and one in back for the hooks. I beleive it came with a double hook not the treble and it is metal. Hard to see it all in my photo. Never heard Dad say much about it for catching fish.......................thanks. 
2013/08/05 13:48:57
JEB

This one you put water in it with a live minnow !
2013/08/05 15:10:36
Chris Johnson
Creepenstein

2013/08/08 23:22:26
CAPTAIN HOOK
A friend sent me a few from his collection.......

Over $1,000.00 for this collection of lures.

The Haskell Minnow / Patent 1859 / sold for $5,700.00......ck. your tackle boxes !
2013/09/07 21:08:17
AndyLee

I get these imported from Asia.   They work in the stream and in the bars at night.
2013/10/01 18:16:04
Fish5000
  I know that I posted here, but can't find it now. Hit the wrong button maybe, deleted?, I don't know. I have several of the Joe Camel's in original packaging. It was a promo lure of course by Camel cigarettes. They also offered a very nice old style tray lure box and I managed to obtain that, but ended up backing over it with e the truck sat night, DUUUUHHHH! At the time, the box was at the top of it's line for the day. Never saw gymi03's middle finger lure, Pork's Duck with the razor blade or The Troll [love it!], Chris's Combo Lure [green one] or blue geometric one and also Chris's Peanut Lure. There are several versions of the mermaid lure as posted by JEB and Capt. Hook. Saw the rest also, Blinky and Homer. I think there was a third one in that series, Marge or Maggie, don't remember. I didn't buy the PA Fish Commission Lure when it was available [kicking myself now!], the bat lure as it was known posted by Capt. Hook, the Snakehead Lure posted by JEB [it was still available a few years ago, maybe still is]. Never saw any of the last ones pictured in a group by Capt. Hook. Had the chance to buy a Haskell Minnow, Capt. Hook's last post several times, but I couldn't justify the money. Still would love to have it though. Next week I'll try to post the ones not pictured here as I'm a collector of lures in general and particularly the unusual ones or ones that had a severely limited production run. Thanks to everyone for giving myself and others the opportunity to view your collection. Very Nice!
2013/10/04 09:56:44
CAPTAIN HOOK
Oldies.............

2013/11/11 16:08:24
Fish5000
Nice lures Captain Hook. Don't know if you know it, but you have quite a few sheckles in that box! Very nice Nip-I Didee's, CCBC, Pflueger Globes, Heddon Crazy Crawlers, Dalton Specials[?] and a few unknown to me [2nd and 3rd trays from the right].
2013/11/12 16:38:35
Timachro
And yet no one mentioned the beer can lures!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account