2014/02/25 12:31:43
MuffPistol

A few years ago i was slow trolling a rattle trap across the lake as we were coming in right before  a storm hit, sure enough a bruiser 5-6lb smallmouth hits my blue beauty and i bring it to the boat only lose her... classic fish story right? i wanted to know if anyone has anymore info on how to target the smallies in conneaut during the summer. i avidly fish Presque isle during the spawn (May,June) but havent figured out conneaut yet. also a topo map of conneaut would be great too! Thanks for the help.

2014/02/26 08:11:24
jolie
I'm not sure what kind of a "topo" map your looking for, the webapp function on Navionics produces some pretty awesome underwater maps.   it can be found at http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

I checked conneaut out, it seems pretty detailed to me.

I have nothing else to say about the place.  I have never fished there.  Popcorn to your comment about fishing presque isle during the spawn-  I'm sure some people got a kick out of it.  Welcome to fisherie.
2014/02/26 12:06:24
ToothyCritterGitter
I have heard from smallmouth anglers without spot burning that if you can find rocky bottom, or a rock pile, that has produced smallies, and muskies by accident.  there are a couple that you can key on.
  If it's a weekend, FORGET IT. FISH ANOTHER LAKE... YOU WILL THROW YOUR ROD AT EVERY PASSING BOAT!!!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account