2014/02/25 15:37:58
slabdaddy
I'm not familiar with this lake at all. I'm considering trying it out this weekend. Anybody want to tell me a little bit about it? I'll take any help I can get. Thanks guys.
2014/02/25 17:55:55
BoroMusky
Loaded with trout. Very limited access to get on it, probably just the boat launch and the beach.  The lake is very deep for how small it is(65 ft at the dam).  Lots of structure like sunken x-mas trees and cribs and other downfall. Extremely crystal clear water.
2014/02/25 18:46:37
slabdaddy
Thanks dude. Any big perch or crappie in there?

2014/02/27 10:36:09
slabdaddy
I don't care much for either of those. I'm more into panfish. I was hoping someone would say that it had a lot of pig perch in it. lol.
2014/02/27 16:12:30
bingsbaits
It is like two different lakes.
Upper end by boat launch is shallow, up to 10".
The lower end by the dam is deep as hell.. Up to 54 feet.
There are a few Crappies but are hard to find. Never caught a perch in there.
Basically a trout lake, with some big Smallies and some huge Muskies (trout fed). Up to and over 50".
The creek channel runs from the disabled fishing platform along the eastern shore and goes to the beach.
2014/02/27 17:46:26
treesparrow
Justus has perch and some nice ones however I have never caught more than ~ 8-10 nice ones a trip. Others say they have got into them. I live fairly close. Many times I have come home with 6-8 12" perch. Gone back the next evening and done the same to get enough for a meal.
2014/02/28 08:56:20
slabdaddy
Cool. Thanks guys. At least I know that they are in there (perch). I appreciate the info. Bings, thanks for letting me know about the channel. That's useful information.

Treesparrow, Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to find some big perch. Seems like they are in there. They are just hard to find. Are you finding them in deeper water, or shallower water?
2014/02/28 11:43:09
TheBlueLagoon
Recent report from PFBC
Justus Lake 2-27-14
Approximately 12” of ice now covers Justus Lake.  Angling activity is increasing.  Highest areas of angler concentration are along the east side of the lake across from the boat launch through the swim area and adjacent cove.  Catches have become sporadic. Catches of yellow perch and rainbow trout continue.  Hook-ups are occurring on a mixed bag of baits and wax worms continue to produce.

also from the bio report - very old 2000 but it shows there are perch in the lake
noticeable numbers of quality size bluegill and yellow perch were sampled.

Maybe you should stick to HPD maniliketofish a.k.a everybodyofwaterisminesodontfi****thereisnoqualityfishthere.

Good luck Slab
2014/02/28 11:58:14
slabdaddy
Blue, thanks man. You are a good dude.

ManIliketofish, have you ever targeted perch there? Maybe you're not seeing them because you aren't fishing specifically for them. Either way, thanks for offering an opinion.
2014/03/01 09:53:09
wirenut45
popcorn?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account