2014/01/07 22:22:13
Big Steve
nonkosherjew
Would small ponds about 2 acres and 10 ft deep have enough ice on it tommorow in Westmoreland county be safe tomorrow? Too fish it's about two football feilds long and the width of a football feild

I have a couple spikes for you, nothing as nice as these, http://www.fishusa.com/Product/Eagle-Claw-Retractable-Safety-Ice-Picks, but functional none the less.  Remind me next we get together.

2014/01/08 12:24:48
pymodave
I fished pymatuning sun. jan 5th. tried thru the ice at the Jamestown docks but had no luck.ice was 4in. thick consisting of 2in. of solid black  and 2in. of soft white.while driving back to the cabin I saw two people south of orchard way out on the ice.I checked manning and found similar conditions to what frost reported,probably was ok but didn't want to chance it.All in all it was nice just being out
2014/01/08 12:33:22
pymodave
I fished Pymatuning Sun Jan 5th. at the Jamestown docks thru the ice. There was 2in. of solid and a couple in. of softer white ice.Did not have any luck.On my way back to the cabin I saw 2 people way out on the ice south of Orchard. Went to check Manning and found similar conditions as to what Frost reported.It was probably ok but I did not want to chance it.Overall it was nice just to be out.Hopefully Friday should be good
2014/01/08 15:57:44
Bill Cusano
hello everybody,
   I'm new to the sight and to ice fishing. I cant get thru the winters anymore without fishing for something and the rivers are blown out so steelhead are not an option. So I'm gonna give the ice a try. I live in Kingsville ohio about 20 minutes from Pym. what do you guys consider good ice ? how thick does it need to be ?  if anybody wants to share any knowledge on how to , where to and when to I would greatly appreciate it.  I'll trade you some help on ice fishing for some smallmouth fishing on erie this spring. hahaha  thanks and good luck
2014/01/08 16:15:58
BoroMusky
Edinboro 7 inches. Really good ice!!! One hut already out there
2014/01/08 16:20:24
ToothyCritterGitter

Espyville Outdoors9 hours ago

ICE REPORT - 1/8/2014
Pymatuning...There are reports of 6-7 inches of good ice off Tuttle, 5-inches off Manning and 5-6 inches of Orchard.
Conneaut Lake...There are reports of 5 inches on the south end by Silver Shores and the condos
Woodcock...There is one report of 4-5 inches out from the launch.  Edges are a little scary.

THANKS ESPYVILLE OUTDOORS/FACEBOOK!  BILL CUSANO- PM ME, I WONT BE ON PYMY BUT I'LL BE ON CONNEAUT LAKE... FAST ACTION!
2014/01/08 20:34:38
Bill Cusano
hey toothycritter it wont let me send pm's  says I haven't been a member long enough.  my cell is 440-812-4430 if you wanna give me a call  thanks
2014/01/09 05:29:37
frost
Was out yesterday behind welcome inn had 8-9" solid black ice. Talked to guys that had 8+" solid ice off Tuttle and others also said 8+" where they were. It's amazing how many people either can't measure, don't want to say the truth, don't have a way of measuring and just guess or just find thinner spots cause I've heard everything from 3.5-4" up to 9". I know there isn't that big of a difference I can see a 1-2" difference in spots but not 6". I could be wrong though.
2014/01/09 07:29:50
Pork
Sugar lake already had 5.5-6" on Tuesday (1-7-14)  out from the hotel after dark.
Wilhelm had 6-7" yesterday at lunchtime from the dam up to 3 posts. checked 3 places.
Both lakes were rock hard ice with VERY little snow at all.
It's been makin since...17* here at wilhelm still this morning. :)
Gonna be awful hard to make it to work tomorrow...
I feel a fever comin' on & cowbell has nut'n to do with it!!! :-p
Tight lines everyone, git sum!!
><))))))(*>
2014/01/09 22:56:34
Bill Cusano
if anybodys goin to Pym on Friday and you wouldn't mind company I would like to come along  let me know. thanks  440-812-4430

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account