2014/03/20 16:12:53
Porktown
bingsbaits
Slow no wake would be a complete waste of time to even put the boat in the water.

Agree 100%, and I have a 50hp.  I'd much rather be able to fish a lake with room to stretch out.  Well worth the $800 spent on my kicker.  I could pull off of my boat, and likely have $700 in my pocket by next weekend.  Change the rules and it is worthless, are you going to pay those of us that bought one the difference?  With just about everyone else that fishes the restricted lakes gone, where is that secondary economic impact?  Don't forget every kayaker and sailboater that would never launch again.  Their registration payes for the launches as well.  There is nothing positive about it.
2014/03/20 16:18:23
Porktown
This does lead to wonder, if the electric automobile market takes off, and high powered boat motors start becoming electric, there might be a push to speed limits.  We are a good of time away from then though.  I would guess.
2014/03/20 16:24:35
BoroMusky
"no wake" works perfectly on Leboeuf....just saying.  I have (2) 9.9 kickers and am looking to sell them. Would much rather use that money to get a 4 stroke 6 hp Honda.  I HATE having to hook up my 9.9 every time I fish a hp restricted lake.  I don't trust the kicker mount amount to leave the engine on while towing. So before launching, I have to unload my 80 lb engine, hook it up to the mount, swap out fuel tanks and fuel lines, wire the electric starter, and attach the extension handle to the kicker.  I personally would rather just cruise around at about 6 mph where my kicker doesn't make a wake than have to fuss with all that.
2014/03/21 12:55:00
bigesox11
bingsbaits
And how the hell do you enforce a speed limit when most boats don't have a speedometer....

I forgot to reply to this one also.  LOL  You expect everyone to shell out the money to buy a kicker motor, but you would have a problem asking those with motors above 20hp to have a speedometer???  LOL  That sounds fair.  A brand new speedometer costs as little as $40.  A brand new 9.9hp costs $2,300+ and a brand new 20hp costs $3,000+.
2014/03/21 13:45:03
TheBlueLagoon
bigesox11
bingsbaits
And how the hell do you enforce a speed limit when most boats don't have a speedometer....

I forgot to reply to this one also.  LOL  You expect everyone to shell out the money to buy a kicker motor, but you would have a problem asking those with motors above 20hp to have a speedometer???  LOL  That sounds fair.  A brand new speedometer costs as little as $40.  A brand new 9.9hp costs $2,300+ and a brand new 20hp costs $3,000+.

Crooked creek lake is close to my home it's also a UHP lake. Crooked Creek has no wake zones.... however it's not enforced, and it makes for an awful experience for a smaller boat, let alone a canoe or kayak or shore fisherman. So I choose to keep my little 14ft shallow v on restricted hp lakes (which is a further drive) when the big motored boats come out to play.  Buy the kicker, or stick to the river, or non restricted lakes.
2014/03/21 15:01:58
bigesox11
Why did you quote??  Nothing in your reply had anything to do with my last post about the price of kicker motors that some on here suggest that those of us without simply do - purchase a kicker.
2014/03/21 17:48:23
Walleye jigs
Why does everything have to be changed to suit the few ? Whats wrong with hp limited lakes ? Theres plenty of lakes and rivers out there for the big motor,got to go fast guys. The idea is to catch fish not run them down. You can create all the rules you want, have the greatest ideas known to man and I can asure you if even 2 people are involved one will break the rules. I,ve had a couple close calls on a 10hp lake with people you know have 15hp carbs on their 9.9 and you want to trust them to only idle their 80hp. Theres a speed limit sign right outside my window 40mph and the only time I ever see people go that slow is when the roads are bad or theres a cop in sight. Yeah I believe people will follow the speed and no wake rules, in God I trust others not so much.
2014/03/22 04:16:16
crappiefisher
   wJ,

Think the guys r just bored after a long cold & just want something to discus & others for a subject for complaining / moaning.  can't see the lake in danger ov a hp increase over 20.  But if all these fishers say the lake ain't worth the effort fishin' maybe they should learn how to fish it or heck masz well open it for all boaters to enjoy if the fishin' sucks that bad. Seems nobody fishin' it to these dudes but it is gettin' fished out by a few

In the 70's the state was trying to make it a premiere PIKE lake that failed. Lett the lake decide what it wants to do with out help from stocking for 5 yr. min.  Certain native fish once established should not have to be stocked again in a water & lett the water speak for itself. Fishermen r liars if u ask if they r doin' any good & they say nuttin'  bitein' (NO MEENS YES IN 90% OV CASES)

Can't believe Fish Erie ain't got no/E flowers under the 's
Pike in Heat

crappy

2014/03/24 09:31:56
bigesox11
Walleye jigs
Theres a speed limit sign right outside my window 40mph and the only time I ever see people go that slow is when the roads are bad or theres a cop in sight. Yeah I believe people will follow the speed and no wake rules, in God I trust others not so much.

So we should all be forced to sell our trucks and SUVS and only drive 4 cylinder and electric vehicles so we don't speed?  Your arguement doesn't hold water.
2014/03/24 10:59:21
TheBlueLagoon
bigesox11
Walleye jigs
Theres a speed limit sign right outside my window 40mph and the only time I ever see people go that slow is when the roads are bad or theres a cop in sight. Yeah I believe people will follow the speed and no wake rules, in God I trust others not so much.

So we should all be forced to sell our trucks and SUVS and only drive 4 cylinder and electric vehicles so we don't speed?  Your arguement doesn't hold water.

you're a donkey

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account