2008/04/22 19:31:04
Kokanee Killer
looks like a scene out of the original jaws 1 movie wheh all the old salts were turning the harbor into a massacre
2014/03/27 10:14:34
grizz27
Wonder how long till the madness starts this year.
2014/03/28 22:42:25
Fish5000
[ Edited quote=porter64]
P.S. Once a year we would clean up the trash around the spillway, bread bags, fishing line, bait cans, ect.
Now that feels like a lost cause and I never imagined in my life saying that. SAD SAD DAY!!!!! I'm sorry to and for all you true sportsmen and the youth who are the future of this falling society!

My children and I have performed that task along the fishing side for 4 years 1-3x's/ year utilizing nitrile gloves and many large 55g trash can liners. The place is absolutely spotless when we are done. No cigarette butts, chewing tobacco cans, mono, bread bags, bottles, etc... . When we return 1 week later, it's as you wrote, "feels like a lost cause", and yet, we continue to do it. We feel good after it's cleaned up and maybe a few will be influenced enough to change their habits. Enough people will say to us "Thank you" so we know it's appreciated.
2014/03/29 16:41:23
CAPTAIN HOOK
Hats off to you guys for a great deed in need ! It's a shame that where crowds gather so does the litter. I've picked up bags of litter around Elk Creek myself to help and hope those areas would stay open to public fishing. Most are now closed due to a number of past problems. Combat fishing is off my list but I've been down that road years ago and it's usually about numbers but to each his own. Just keep it legal and fun!
2014/03/29 19:52:52
Pachuckles
Thank you for picking up trash at the spillway.
What bothers me is... There's a dumpster people  pass at the parking area.  It's not like there's no place to put their trash. 
2014/03/29 20:49:06
ChromeBandit412
Tell me more about these easy limits of eyes from the spillway... Do the eyes like live bait?
2014/03/29 20:55:23
Eriefisherman69

2014/03/29 22:27:30
bingsbaits
ChromeBandit412
Tell me more about these easy limits of eyes from the spillway... Do the eyes like live bait?

No need for bait.

Get a couple Sonars, put on a bigger treble hook, go to the wire and rip till you hook up...
2014/03/29 23:35:04
anatikus
SNAGGERZ
2014/03/30 00:57:06
frost
I got a gopro on my net and every time I show up guys start complaining and making sure everyone knows I have a video camera on the net. Oh and I make sure I'm bottom man to so I'm the one netting and grab my net with the camera. It's hooked up through Bluetooth to my phone so I can turn it on and off with a push of a button on the phone. I never keep a foul hooked fish (and if you actually fish the sonars properly you very rarely foul hook one). I'm hoping that once the fish actually move in that the camera will help reduce the amount of snagged fish that get kept. It's a shame how some fish cause so much trouble.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account