2014/06/03 10:32:08
Eman89so
Sam let me know how you do
2014/06/03 11:55:13
mr.crappie
Thanks for the replys. Chauncy I may give that guy that you recommended a call. I was sent that craiglist ad by a bud,the price was $50 for 6hrs. which is cheaper than renting a boat in most places. Since I no longer have a boat I was just thinking of a few options. I have gone on a headboat for perch but it is not a sure thing either & not my idea of fishing.    sam
2014/06/03 12:40:37
thunderpole
The crappies arnt that hard to find and catch imo but i live close and know the lake 75$ for 5 hours isn't a steal unless u are guaranteed 2 man limit imo i ant talking dinks neither
2014/06/03 12:42:26
thunderpole
Now 50$for 6 hours is a good price but does it cover the price of minnies?
2014/06/03 12:49:51
crappiefisher
  That was his early booking discount as I remember & it did cover minnies.

crappy
2014/06/03 14:08:40
TheBlueLagoon
thunderpole
The crappies arnt that hard to find and catch imo but i live close and know the lake 75$ for 5 hours isn't a steal unless u are guaranteed 2 man limit imo i ant talking dinks neither

there are no guarantees it's feeshin'
2014/06/04 10:27:47
workcanwait....
You guys with boats....whats it cost you run your boats annually divided by the hours on the water- just sayin'.
I might be interested in a guide for Pymie if you try it let us know what you think.

WCW
2014/06/04 11:41:06
slabfinder
Well cost of the boat...Tires fail every so many years, registration every two years, trailer lights seem to fail every winter, boat motor if older will need looked at every spring, either by yourself or by a professional. Gas and Bait. It's about $75 dollars a trip for me. (lake arthur and pymatuning) The river's a little cheaper $40 (ohio) but you can't eat ohio river fish, at least I don't. The occasional lost lure is another $8-14 charge. I try and find people that are williing to split the expenses, by taking my father will me I foot the bill.
2014/06/04 17:32:49
ICE NUT
Boats do cost my biggest expense is gas I go 40 or so times a year,boat is paid for now so its the gas that costs me.As for a guide you don't need one at pymatuning. you can rent a boat Linesville livery for 50 bucks all day go out into stumps or where u see all the pther thousand boats and hang an 1/8 once jig with a fathead or crappie nibble and by end of day you will have some slabs or you are doing something wrong.
Im no guide but am always looking for someone to go with me to split expences mainly during the week anyone interested just pm me. Soon I will start going to erie for perch.

Bill
2014/06/10 19:52:02
Fish5000
As much experience I have on Pyme [which is extensive as I've fished it heavily for 50 years], I wouldn't be objectionable to a guide on Pyme if the cost was right. Hopefully I would learn something new. One never knows. Good luck Mr. Crappie. If you go out with a guide, I hope it's a good experience for you.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account