2014/11/17 20:42:38
Lovgren69
I've had opportunity to get out and do some fall fishing while the majority seem preoccupied with hunting.  I've been hitting it hard the last two weeks with just my neoprenes, a bucket of bait, and not a soul to be seen, haha!

In addition to chasing the walleyes around on the lower stretches of the Allegheny, I made visits to the Woodcock Creek Lake (outflow), Lake Arthur (outflow), and Shenango (Outflow)

Despite the freezing cold weather, the fish seemed more than willing to cooperate.  I had an entire series of photos that I wanted to post to accompany my fishing reports, but my IPhone had an unfortunate encounter with the water.

So a brief report for each.  I fished soley using live bait (Fatheads & Shiners) setting about 2-4 feet of line under a slip float.  This technique seemed to work well for me, given that these outflow areas are shallow, rocky, and snag infested.

Woodcock Creek ~ 3 weeks ago. 
4 walleyes (all 10-14 inches) 1 large crappie (12-13 inches), and several small bass.

Lake Arthur ~last Sat. 
3 walleyes (10-14 inches) and 1 large hybrid striper (25-26 inches)

Shenango ~ last Sunday
10 smallmouth bass (10-15 inches), 2 largemouth (8-12 inches), 1 rainbow trout (12 inches) 2 walleye (1 14 incher and 1 25 incher)  I thought long and hard about keeping the big girl, but decided to put her back.

Too bad I couldn't get to share my pictures, but overall I was impressed with fishing.  In the future I might have to put in more time in late Oct & November and hit these areas.  Last Sat and Sun were extremely brutal with the highs only in the low 30's and standing in the frigid water.  I was also impressed with the numbers and different species that I caught at Shenango.  If only it weren't an 82 mile trip each way for me .

2014/11/17 21:06:55
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks Lovgren..........  nice report.  I splash around Shenango, Pymatuning and Wilhelm, for the most part.  Once in a while I hook up with a buddy and hit Arthur and I try to get to Conneaut Lake before and after the big hammers hit the water. 

As for pictures; well, we'll let it slide this time but, only this time.  From now on it don't count if there is no pictures.  

Sure glad I had a good catch this fall and have some fish to eat cause; there sure ain't no venison, so far.   

Keep in touch.

2014/11/19 10:19:09
The Ref
Do any of you hit French Creek in the fall?
I'd like to hear some reports if anyone has some.
Thanks
2014/11/19 12:09:08
BoroMusky
Ref, how about you go give us a french creek report.  Go find out whats biting and where then share with us so we can go.
2014/11/19 12:41:21
BeenThereDoneThat.
BoroMusky
Ref, how about you go give us a french creek report.  Go find out whats biting and where then share with us so we can go.

Sounds like you might be good at trolling!
2014/11/20 10:32:27
chauncy
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks Lovgren..........  nice report.  I splash around Shenango, Pymatuning and Wilhelm, for the most part.  Once in a while I hook up with a buddy and hit Arthur and I try to get to Conneaut Lake before and after the big hammers hit the water. 

As for pictures; well, we'll let it slide this time but, only this time.  From now on it don't count if there is no pictures.  

Sure glad I had a good catch this fall and have some fish to eat cause; there sure ain't no venison, so far.   

Keep in touch.

This coming from someone that hasn't posted a single public picture since he joined. Stop throwing stones in your glass house. Show us some proof that you're NOT the troller.

2014/11/20 22:43:49
The Ref
Just looking for an honest report Boro....but somebody always has to be an ****-hole about it.
You can bet I'd never share anything with you...lol
2014/11/20 23:21:05
BeenThereDoneThat.
Take a chill pill Chauncy, it ain't even Dec. yet and already your showing signs of cabin fever. Must be something in the air or maybe the lack of it.
2014/11/21 19:44:23
chauncy
Aha. Finally an opportunity to have a battle of wits with an unarmed foe. No chill pill needed troll boy.
2014/11/21 20:19:52
BeenThereDoneThat.
Sounds like you may have gone off your meds.

As for a battle of wits; I prefer somebody with 'some' intelligence, know anybody......... boy?

PS. Please include any (if they exist) pictures.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account