2014/05/15 08:49:13
TheBlueLagoon
^^ lollol... I hope I run into some crappie like that this Sunday
2014/05/15 16:15:03
Fish5000
python73
Fish5k... you are missing their sarcasm.  They are basically saying that the more people who buy into the nonsense that pymie has no fish and go somewhere else the better.  

FWIW I've heard people say there were no fish in Arthur many times over the years.  They were wrong of course.  I'm not sure how many people realize that these "close" lakes are completely different.  For instance if you are used to fishing the weedbeds in summer in Arthur and go to Shenango to try the same technique you will soon find out that there aren't any weedbeds there to fish.  At least not comparable to Arthur.  Each lake is different, and you need to put some effort into how that affects your fishing if you want to succeed.  

I am determined to hit up pymie this year... but that whole driving an hour plus after I pass Arthur really bothers me.  I'm not good enough / persistent enough to wrangle walleyes from Arthur but I think I could probably catch a couple at pymie.  SIGH.

Thank you Flying Fish and Zelie Sam re: informing people Pyme being a dead lake for the purpose of them going somewhere else to fish. Many years ago [ and to this day] I have 6 friends that say the same thing about Pyme and it always cracked me up. I did miss the intended sarcasm and it's primarily my fault as I tend to think in a very linear fashion, taking the meaning of something exactly as it's written/spoken. I don't always miss the point, but probably more often than not. 

You're also very correct about lakes close in proximity having very different timetables. One must be aware of the waters they fish in or intend to fish.
2014/05/16 10:38:16
WildOutdoorAddict
There is a tournament Sunday for those interested! Free crankbaits and jigs at sign up, plus tickets for other great prizes! big fish fee included!!!

2014/05/16 16:51:02
rugerboy58
Livin Right,
Sorry was out of town for work for a couple and was not on the boards. Stumps by Clark.
Porktown, forgot the fillet kit. Lucky we had that one. Spent the $20 for some cold ones after the filleting was done!
2014/05/16 18:57:59
Fish5000
Just out of curiosity [as I won't be able to make it that day], but does anyone know if they are good, quality crankbaits and jigs or junk ones? When I took my family to BassPro 2 years ago for Christmas, they gave my 8 y.o.girl, 10y.o. boy, my wife and I each a four pack Cotton Cordell 1/2oz Super Spots each with a different color.
2014/05/19 10:54:08
Pachuckles
Anyone have a report on the walleye and panfish tournaments held on saturday and sunday the 17th. and 18th. on Pymie ??
2014/05/20 07:21:23
Tunapursuit
The walleye results are posted on the lake association webb site. The pan fish league I heard the wining weight was 10-12lbs, sorry I do not remember the exact weight but I am sure it is on their website.  Tightlines
2014/05/24 06:44:30
CAPTAIN HOOK
Crappie bite is on.............

2014/05/24 21:25:48
bluegill 95
Bobber and minnow ? Lol
2014/06/01 23:28:49
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Fished with my buddy this evening from 7 - 9:30.  Only boated one walleye, but it was a 26" pig.  Biggest one i've ever caught.  14 channel cats ranging from 3 - 20", few crappie and dink perch, and one shellcracker to go with it.  Lots of action and a great evening to be out. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account