2014/04/03 21:27:45
opsman
VJ   Since you  asked about Pymie, I'll talk to that point.    Can't go wrong with the north end this time of year (actually all year if you ask me, lol)  Anywhere from Tuttle Point over to Linesville and points North.   Looking at mostly 10fow or less.  If the weather is right, start in the stumps anywhere around Whaley or Harris Islands.    Because this lake is shallow, beware.  This lake can kick up its heels in a hurry.  It will start rolling whitecaps in a heartbeat with a stiff wind out of the North so plan accordingly and keep and eye on the weather.  Good Luck   Might see you toward the end of  your stay if you are on the north end.   Black and silver Starcraft with Merc20
2014/04/04 01:02:00
frost
Opsman I'm talking about the causeway between espyville and Andover (285). I wasn't talking about the spillway. I hit it from sure right after ice off for just about everything that swims in that lake. If I'm in a lazy mood I sit with worms on the bottom as well as minnows under a bobber. If I'm more active I'll walk the whole length and throw light jigs.
2014/04/04 07:54:24
opsman
Yep, Frost.  That's what i thought you meant.  I like the causeway (at least that's what  I call it) that straddles the lake and the reserve too!   Not up by the spillway, but down further, heading towards Livesville.  Some nice bays in there also
2014/04/04 12:16:23
opsman
Had a couple nice smallie pics but don't kinow how to make them smaller so they will work on this site
2014/04/04 14:17:54
Denuh Vance
Thanks for all the responses.  We were actually talking about driving over to Conneaut a few times as well.  We'll be staying at Linesville so the North end of Pym will probably be where we spend most of our time.
2014/04/04 14:20:54
Denuh Vance
Oh, and I guess I left Smallies out of my list of target species.  So that's great to hear as well.  
2014/04/04 14:53:39
opsman
yeah, well those "smaller" tournaments are getting a little goofy up there.  I know of a few weekends where I was there before daylight and there are guys in line to launch for a tourney that doesn't start til 7a!  Talk about a cluster!  Course they did look pretty with their jerseys and all.  Had to laugh, kept drifting past one guy in his "bass boat" and everytime we were within earshot we picked up a nice largemouth.   He, on the other hand, not so much.  Month of May I pretty much stay away on the weekends.   When I had a little smaller boat I used to put in down by the spillway and come out under the old railroad trestle, but this boat is too big, and that bay is just choked stupid with lily pads in May.
2014/04/04 14:59:05
opsman
Don't know if the attachment worked.  This would be a typical smallie up there.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2014/04/04 15:21:32
opsman
Ya, couple years ago.   He heads to college and I'm down a partner   But his middle brother has come back to the sport, and my wife loves fishing.   Actually the first date we went on was a trip to Linesville   Picked her up at 5am and she was ready to go.
2014/04/04 19:36:49
frost
Ops I'm actually talking about the actual causeway that is in the middle of the lake that goes into ohio. I do know where your talking about and yes that does produce some good fish as well at times.

Come beginning of May, majority of my fishing is bass fishing. I love pymy when it comes to bass fishing (obviously it can't compete with Erie smallies). Every year I pull out many 4+lb smallies and 6+lb bucket mouths. And yes I'm one of those tourney fisherman haha. I'm just hoping I can fish some with my work schedule this year.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account