2014/09/23 10:50:49
slabdaddy
Good luck dude. I hope you slay them.
2014/09/25 21:45:13
chauncy
BeenThereDoneThat.
Nice fish.............. Show Off!! :-)

Family matters on Sat., rain on Sun. then, nothing but beautiful weather next week (if you can believe the weather service).

Shenango, Pymatuning, Conneaut, Wilhelm, Sandy Lake, French Creek HERE I COME. :-P

PS, Not necessarily in thst order.

Hey BTDT, fished lake erie today. Check these puppies out.

2014/09/26 00:09:31
BeenThereDoneThat.
Waaaaaaay to go Chauncy!!

I fished Tuesday AND Wednesday on Pymie and got super skunked but, today..... today I scored....... not on Pymie but, Shenango and tomorrow...... tomorrow I dine on poor mans lobster. I will need directions to your house and what time I should be there for dinner :-P.

Seriously, did pretty good on crappie but, nothing like your perch.

Congratulations.............. Show Off :-).
2014/09/26 12:09:02
chauncy
Those perch are packed up and headed to Ky next month.
Did you get any of those big slabs? They'll be starting up pretty soon there. I'll be there and pymy within the next week, checking the bite progress. I'll post results as I get them.
2014/09/26 22:15:36
BeenThereDoneThat.
Kentucky?.......... What the heck?......... I don't live in Kentucky!! :'(

No slabs at Shenango but, some nice fish. Held onto a dozen this time (slurp) and will be looking for the 'big uns' all next week. Fish were down 18 to 20 feet in 25 fow. Slip bobbers and/or 1/16 oz jigs tipped with minnows on ul rods. Fish were sipping the bait causing the bobbers to lay flat or we felt the weight of the fish as we slowly jigged with the ul(s).
Absolutely no aggressive hits but, they gave a hearty fight.

Tried Wilhelm today with fish showing in 12 to 18 fow. Bite was a bit more aggressive and good fighting fish were caught. However; the difference in fish is astounding, comparing fish inch per inch , Shenango has far better quality fish. All C/R today but, that can change as I know Willhelm has her fair share of barn doors too.
2014/09/28 23:03:31
BeenThereDoneThat.
  DAG-NAB-IT I broke my trolling motor..........  @#%*-of-a-+*^% won't turn with the foot pedal.   But all is not lost; there's light at the end of the tunnel.  Just hope there ain't a train behind that light.   Found a place on the internet that supplies trouble shooting info, schematics and, even parts for the piece of  +*&^%$#    Now, if I can remember where all the screws and springs go when I try to reassemble the thing!! 
2014/10/01 23:21:26
BeenThereDoneThat.
Happy days are here again.........

Trolling motor worked great and the crappie got hungary around 6:00 on Shenango. Caught my fair share with a dozen of those getting a ride home in the live well.

Found the fish in twenty fow and caught more on a jig dressed with a tube then I did fishing fatheads under slip bobbers. Once again the bite was subtle with most hook sets made upon, feeling the weight of the fish on the jig.

Well gotta go..... Have an appointment on Shenango tomorrow. B-)
2014/10/03 09:31:16
BeenThereDoneThat.
Awful quite about Pymie on this board. Are you guys hiding something from me so, I stay down south on Shenango? Wellllllllll?

Ok for you guys!!........... I ain't gonna tell yinz about my success using jigs on the bottom in 15- 20 fow. Nope, not gonna do it!...
AND I ain't gonna mention another dozen of the crappies (black) I caught last night, made their way to my freezer. But, I will tell you how nice it was talking with some really nice folks I met, while waiting to trailer our boats.

Oh yeah, Mr. Keep Pymie Secrete, I ain't gonna tell yinz I was fishing Shenango............ so THERE!!
2014/10/03 10:45:27
slabdaddy
LOL! You're a cool dude and I enjoy your posts. I'm glad you are nailing them.
2014/10/03 17:56:18
woodnickle
lol...lucky guy gets to fish....too dang much work to get out. A good batch of crappie would be appreciated....lol

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account