2014/09/14 23:56:12
BeenThereDoneThat.
Hit the water around 2:30 pm and tossed some lures around blowdowns for an hour. Decided to try some trolling; one rod with a hot-n-tot and one rod with a little-o behind a dipsy diver. Had the dipsy bouncing on the bottom in twenty fow then slid into deeper waters. I started running parallel with shore then switched to crisscrossing. I zigged, I zagged, I circled and, I squared. I even seesawed and still nothing. Tried different colors of the 'tot' and put a jointed rapala and devil spoon behind the 'diver'. Trolling speed varied from 1 to 3 mph (gps).

8:20pm loaded the boat and headed home with nary a fish. So, as they say in the old country. If at first you don't succeed; try, try again.

Soooooo Pymy here I come!!
2014/09/15 18:35:40
chauncy
Had plans to head up to Pymy yesterday but with all that fog, i decided to stay close to home and fish Shenango. Bite started out slow. First 3 spots, 8 in the livewell. Only 3 over 10", the others were fat black 9"s. Next 3 spots produced better fish. Some shallow and some deep. Ended with 25 keepers with 16 over 10"s with 2 being 12". I noticed signs of the lake turning over already. Hopefully we'll have a quick one like last year. Took less than a week and the fishing was back to normal.
2014/09/15 20:50:13
BeenThereDoneThat.
Those weren't signs of the lake turning over; you were seeing the aftermath of the gale force winds on Sat. Saw two dudes on what I thought was knee boards but, no boat. Turns out they were on surf boards waiting to catch a good wave.

Talked to an old boy on Sat. that told me he did quite well on Fri. but nothing on Sat. I told him he should not have caught them all the day before. I know I heard him grumbling while going up the drive to get his trailer. Some people just can't take a joke.

Anyway, congrats on your catch. I'm cooling it on the walleyes for a while and gettin' back to the specks and perch. Nothin' like a plate full of 'poor mans' lobster' for dinner.

Happy fishing.........
2014/09/16 06:57:58
woodnickle
Hit Shenango yesterday for a few hrs. Managed 3 bass and lost that many. Tried for stripers with no luck. Rain was coming down when I was loading boat...imagine that.
2014/09/16 08:50:02
TheBlueLagoon
Fished Pymie on Saturday, Linesville area got 8 nice crappie over 12", but conditions were tough when the wind came ripping through...only lasted 5 hours and I left.
2014/09/16 10:29:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
I gotta drop back 10 yds and punt. Might be a couple days before I can do some strollin' and trollin'. Keep me updated........... and leave me a fish or two!!

Please :'(
2014/09/19 13:13:20
chauncy
Got out to the southend of Pymy on wednesday. Tried shallow and deep. The crappies were still scattered but i managed to put some in the livewell. Only fished jigs. Maybe i should try live bait next time.

2014/09/19 13:19:00
chauncy

2014/09/19 17:23:25
BeenThereDoneThat.
Nice fish.............. Show Off!! :-)

Family matters on Sat., rain on Sun. then, nothing but beautiful weather next week (if you can believe the weather service).

Shenango, Pymatuning, Conneaut, Wilhelm, Sandy Lake, French Creek HERE I COME. :-P

PS, Not necessarily in thst order.
2014/09/22 22:41:04
BeenThereDoneThat.
Gonna head toward Erie in the morning. Gotta go that direction to get to Pymatuning. May I say to all the angler dudes having to work this week.......... sucks to be you!! :-P

PS.........Wish me luck. ;-)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account