2014/06/26 10:15:15
FishinGuy
So how many carp does a bow Fisher shoot in a day? 3? 50? How does a warden know when to deem it excessive if they're just shooting them, bringing them in and tossing the carcasses? I like carp fishing, but I've never fished there, as carp are everywhere and I prefer river and stream fishing for them. I know there's millions in there and the population won't be hurt. But a lot of people Wade fish there and stepping on a rotten carp can't be a pleasing experience. And it just seems wasteful and irresponsible.
2014/06/26 20:56:43
cabst119
Fished last Saturday all day and Sunday a half day.Targeted walleyes.  Got 3 of them in 2 days.  2 legal.  All were in 5-6 FOW on jig and crawler.  Thank you to the bait shops for telling us to stay shallow. Fished snodgrass, campground point, and manning.  Got 4 crappies on minnows, a few shallow and a few deep.  Caught tons of catfish, bluegills, and dink perch.  Also landed 4 smallies all around 10"

2014/06/28 00:20:14
outasync
fished Thursday morning for 4 hours before work.  2 walleyes 21 & 19 both out of 23 fow
2014/07/07 00:23:21
Sujie
FishinGuy
So how many carp does a bow Fisher shoot in a day? 3? 50? How does a warden know when to deem it excessive if they're just shooting them, bringing them in and tossing the carcasses? I like carp fishing, but I've never fished there, as carp are everywhere and I prefer river and stream fishing for them. I know there's millions in there and the population won't be hurt. But a lot of people Wade fish there and stepping on a rotten carp can't be a pleasing experience. And it just seems wasteful and irresponsible.

Killing for fun disgusts me, I don't care what species it is. You're taking a life for no reason. I guess incidents like this define the word "human" more and more these days.
2014/07/07 09:40:19
eyesandgillz
Sujie
FishinGuy

Killing for fun disgusts me, I don't care what species it is. You're taking a life for no reason. I guess incidents like this define the word "human" more and more these days.

Tend to agree with you unless you are talking about invasive species, which in reality, carp are.  
Would much rather see them put to some kind of use and put in the garden or at the very least, properly disposed of outside of the lake.

Do you disagree with the bowfisherman who target the asian carp in the midwestern rivers?

2014/07/08 07:20:21
Sujie
eyesandgillz
Sujie
FishinGuy

Tend to agree with you unless you are talking about invasive species, which in reality, carp are.  
Would much rather see them put to some kind of use and put in the garden or at the very least, properly disposed off outside of the lake.

Do you disagree with the bowfisherman who target the asian carp in the midwestern rivers?

Our ancestors are an invasive species, and look what happened to this country. In the winter on the Travel channel, I saw a chef prepare Asian carp for a restaurant in the midwest. The customers were unaware of what they were eating but loved it.
2014/07/08 18:03:56
World Famous
People eat snails, also....WF...and all kinds of animal intestines.
2014/07/08 18:12:03
StewFc
Wow! Pymie must be less than hot this year if this is what's being discussed.
2014/07/09 00:30:23
slabfinder
This is what happens to forums when guys sit more on their computer chairs than inside of their boats.
2014/07/09 06:16:42
Sujie
World Famous
People eat snails, also....WF...and all kinds of animal intestines.

You need to get out more....

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account