2014/03/28 21:11:41
jmat5
Live in New Castle but drove past Pyme today. Saw a few spots of open water up north. Won't be long. Please keep us updated on docks and fishing conditions and water levels. Won't be long.
2014/03/30 00:59:26
frost
I live 1/2 mile off the lake and I'm itching to get on the boat! I'll keep everyone updated as most guys on here know. It won't be long with the upcoming weather they're calling for. I'm going to try and get on the boat next Thursday or Friday but not holding my breath yet on that. Sunday 4/13 is more than likely going to be day one on the boat.
2014/03/30 09:21:24
jmat5
Thanks Frost. What launch do you usually use? Can't wait to get out. I picked up a bunch of spinning jig heads I can't wait to try this year.
2014/03/30 09:46:02
Timachro
I have my Dads cousin that lives in Andover Ohio. He has a pontoon boat up there. Gonna try to visit them this year and hopefully get them to take us out on the boat.
2014/03/31 00:39:59
frost
I use all launches on the pa side, depends on what I want to catch and/or where I want to fish. We keep our pontoon at linesville marina but I usually use my 17' bass boat. Snodgrass is the closest launch, but I like orchard, snodgrass and manning for crappie and walleye and Jamestown, causeway and linesville for bass. Really just depends on what I'm feeling like.
2014/04/01 18:21:18
jmat5
Frost do you know when the docks will be in a Manning? I remember they were in this time last year. Of course we didn't have 20" of ice last year.
2014/04/01 18:30:03
opsman
Ok, so here I sit.  50 years of pymatuning experience, all boat fishing.   Ready to get the boat in but now surgery says that won't happen for a couple more weeks?  Any places, areas, in general that I could wet a line with a reasonable chance at some action?  Not really looking for table fare, just something to keep me from going stir crazy til I get out on the north end.  Unfortunately, wading is out.   Boat docks?  Causeway worth any effort?    Appreciate any input
2014/04/01 19:06:50
opsman
Hey Old Friend, I knew I would hear from you!   just gotta cure this urge to go out and throw something at them, rain or no rain
2014/04/01 19:27:27
opsman
Thanks,CF   Wasn't quite clear but had surgery over a week ago, just cant do anything yet.  I know I can't wrestle a boat around or bounce up and down.  Hurts to sit, hurts to stand, so I figured I would rather hurt standing with a rod in my hand tossing crankbaits rather than watching the idiot box.  Stilll hurts to climb in and out of the boat to get it the rest of the way ready.  Oh well....
2014/04/01 19:48:26
opsman
You are right.  Never though about throwing to the pads.  Funny how you see something a hundred times but you never really SEE it!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account