2018/11/06 11:38:14
psu_fish
That is about what I would expect from Piney
2018/11/14 07:42:57
treesparrow
My family has property above Clarington on the river and we fish it every year. Recent years have been very poor fishing for Smallmouth and it seems the bait has been non existent. Even the crayfish are scarce. Has anyone else experienced the same?
2018/11/15 09:33:40
psu_fish
Dr. Trout before he passed, was about the only angler on this forum that would fish the upper Clarion with regularity.

I think since the Clarion is not a river that sees many if any jet boats, you wont get much info. The last PFBC biologist report on the Clarion is from 2003.

https://pfbc.pa.gov/images/fisheries/afm/2003/2_06-06clarion.htm
2018/11/15 09:41:01
Fisherlady2
@worldfamous  fishes it in the Cooks Forest area, he may still check the boards even if he doesnt post anymore. 

Ok, I thought placing the @ symbol before user name would tag them on a post.....
2019/01/31 12:16:33
KJN
Has anyone ever noticed anyone ice fishing Piney Dam?
2019/02/01 15:17:01
psu_fish
Kahle and 2 Mile are within easy driving distance, I doubt many try Piney
2019/02/21 09:34:41
flyfisher11
My family has a camp along Piney Dam and I've fished it every year since I was a little kid, but really got into it a few years ago. They had the dam drawn down for a few years and that really exposed the shore and I hammered them for a year or two until it came back up. While it was down though I saw numerous largemouth that were at least 5+ and lost one that looked very bit of 6 and I caught lots of smallmouth in the 3+ pound, 20+ inch range. However it's been pretty bad since the water level came up and I only really had success when there weren't any recreational boaters on the river. I like t throw a wacky worm and a shaky head and if you're fly fishing clouser minnows and a dry and nymph dropper worked really well and the fish I do find are normally really grouped up. Tight lines all!
2021/04/12 10:03:01
KJN
Fished this lake Saturday,  throwing fatheads.  Hoping to get into some perch,  I only got 1 little small mouth and 1 very small walleye.  Maybe 6 inches.  Talked with a few other boats and they didn't do much better.  Fished from 8am till noon.  I was shocked that we didn't catch more than that??

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account