2015/04/24 12:10:37
KJN
Can anyone tell me what the water elevation level is at normal summer pool.  It is at 894ft today, i was wondering if this is normal, or high?
2015/04/24 16:54:10
BeenThereDoneThat.
CURRENT LAKE CONDITIONS
Pool Elevation: 894.65 feet [normal summer pool is 894.67 feet]
Sluice Gates: 1-3-5-7 open 1 foot each
River Stage at Sharpsville: 3.68 feet...

The only problem with Shenango.......................  my Azz ain't sittin' on it right now.

Shenango is 50 years old this year......  Happy Anniversary to youuu.............  sorry! 
2015/04/24 23:49:01
CAPTAIN HOOK
Wow , 50 years went by fast ! I remember when they cleared and flooded it . First 10 years it was full of Pike I mean loaded. Four of us caught 21 Northerns in one day. Largemouth Bass grew fast also shortly after filling up.

2015/04/25 00:36:34
BeenThereDoneThat.
Beautiful pictures Captain 

I remember those days of the pike and that seemed to be the norm for the first few years of Lake Wilhelm too.  There wasn't real size to them and we called them "hammer handles".  Dang near caught pike back then like we catch crappie and perch today. They were almost a nuisance there was so many.   Those were the days.
2015/04/27 08:45:34
chauncy
We caught a lot of big smallies back then in the golden run area. The pike bite was unreal. Got a picture of my now deceased brother holding one at Little Jim's baitshop.

2015/04/29 00:11:11
CAPTAIN HOOK
Ahh....Little Jim's ! She had too be the tightest bait dealer ever around. You would ask for a dozen minnows and you got 11 fatheads and one dead one ! LOL ! I will say this she was open 24 hours 7 days a week ! You could hit that bell and out she came half asleep ! Chauncy, your brother was late picking you today up because he was telling me how much better he is at catching fish then you ! Don't let him blame me ! LOL !!! Let's see those Kentucky Crappie pictures.
2015/04/29 00:18:04
CAPTAIN HOOK
Just another question for the Shenango River fishermen. Someone told me the Fish Commission has not been restocking any Walleye fry in the lower river for over three years . I hope that's not true any body hear any news please post. Seems the Walleye fishing has dropped off fairly bad the last few years. Last year was terrible for legal Eyes !
2015/04/29 05:18:17
chauncy
He wasn't but a couple minutes late but that's okay. I have a few good pics posted on my facebook page. Some really nice crappies down on that lake.
2015/04/29 12:55:12
CAPTAIN HOOK
Thanks for the info that's a great site I did not know about. Now I see why the Walleye fishing has been" terrible" the past three years ! Without that stocking of fry to help keep the numbers up I see the Walleye fishing has about bottomed out. Seems like the Fish Commission is sleeping on this program here. That Walleye fishing use to be good to excellent year after year but is plummeted to about zero ! How could they cut that program is beyond me ! With the amount of fishermen in that area along with parking facilities it's a haven for all fishing. That river held good healthy Walleye numbers for years so the fish that were stocked were growing to mature size and were being harvested. Once again local fishermen loose out and have to travel away from a great place to Walleye fish. I urge all Shenango River fishermen upper and lower to contact the Fish Commission and express your concern as to why they no longer stock Walleye in this water way ! This water should be stocked with Walleye every year. They only were putting in 5,000 fry. They also don't stock Hybrid Stripers in the river anymore. I see they stocked over 4 million Walleye in Pymatuning per year average . Strange thing was most fishermen I talked to from last season claimed the Walleye fishing was about dead up there all season.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account