2015/07/11 05:38:09
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Always nice when people are willing to share info and help fellow anglers. I hear ya on having a good year on the walleye. Never really put a lot of time into trying to target them until last year. It's really paid off this year, and I've boxed alot of fish. Still hoping to learn a few things and get even more consistent at it. Gonna give it a shot this afternoon. Good luck if you get out, and keep those pics coming. :)
2015/07/11 10:09:06
marco
was up yesterday...it was flat, hot and only thing biting was cats and small perch.  worst day this year.  talked to a bunch of guys.  very few had any eyes.  the ones that did told me they got them trolling large bright noisy plugs.  even they did not do well.  hope this helps because I did not take my trolling rods yesterday.  they were calling for wind.  I was dead in the water w only my drifting gear.  fyi and good luck!!!

2015/07/14 12:24:06
marco
heading up in morn..calling for good wind and clouds.  anybody up therein last couple days?

2015/07/15 20:55:54
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Saturday was the last time I was out. Caught 1 heafty white bass trolling, and nothing else but baby perch. Probably won't make it out again until Friday. Hopefully there is a chop on the water.
2015/07/16 08:39:06
marco
was up yesterday...wow..almost did not go out because of the wind.  we got 4 eyes.  should have done better.  did not have right colors and was trolling too slow.  once i got that right we caught fish.  a lot of guys were doing really well yesterday.  bright colors and speed were the trick yesterday!

2015/07/16 09:43:39
roygpa
How fast did you have to go to catch fish Marco? More than 2 to 2.5 mph?

Thanks
Roy
2015/07/16 11:39:01
marco
yes...2.8 to 3...it was hard really hard for me to do that.  I am used to trolling slooow! talked to a lot of amish and most of the time that is the speed.  some guys were trolling faster and still getting them.  I am no expert so experiment.  this is my first year I have connected on the eyes.  got olot of good advice from a lot of nice guys.  I will pass it on and probably get screamed at but I like to see everyone score once in a while!  I will not fish w anyone anymore that is not willing to help others.  actually lost some good friends over this.  best of luck to you!
2015/07/16 11:41:20
marco
roy...gotta have lead core or trolling weight.  gotta be close to bottom!

2015/07/16 11:42:51
outasync
I like the tadpole divers. Gets Rapalas exactly where u need em
2015/07/16 11:51:21
marco
I have them...lol...I am copying the amish so went out and re did all rods w lead core..been an expensive season but its working and I figure next year I will be all set!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account