• Northwest PA
  • Point in a good direction for pike where no boat is needed (western side of PA) (p.2)
2016/01/22 20:39:24
KingKool
Allegheny River & Tionesta Creek up in Forest County are good spots...........

2016/01/22 23:02:29
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
That 2nd picture is one skinny azz pike.
2016/01/25 10:56:40
Divemaster
Maynard.G.Crabs
If you're looking for trophy pike (40+ inches): Kinzua or P.I.   If you just want to catch pike: Bull Dam.  Tons of pike and plenty of good shore fishing spots.  Fish are overpopulated and stunted, though.  I've never caught a pike over 32 inches there (Biologists netted a 34 once), and anything over 28 is rare.   Lot of sad specimens like this: 

So that's what I saw eating all the ducks in marina lake two springs ago!
2016/01/25 22:56:02
Dan Morey
Could be, Dive!  She's still out there now, putting on pounds and inches.

My buddy saw a full-grown goose go down in the bay one time.  It had a bad wing and was struggling on the surface, then boom...something pulled it under and it never came back up.

There are some crazy stories in Fred Buller's book "Pike and the Pike Angler" about guys in Britain (circa 1860) using live moorhens for pike bait, successfully.

Not to mention all those pike vs. fox legends.  This is a 1723 engraving by Ridinger showing what they get up to at night.  Based on an actual incident in Poland! Reminds me of that fox vs. catfish video they have on youtube.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account