2015/12/27 22:16:21
BeenThereDoneThat.
"HOW HIGH IS THE WATER MOMMA"?

Just looking at the gauge on the lake and it is showing (if the gauge has been accurate) a rise in water by almost three feet.  I wonder if they put the plug back in to begin refilling to normal summer pool?  El Nino forecast saying NW PA. can expect to have dryer then normal conditions this winter.
2015/12/28 09:27:19
CAPTAIN HOOK
Upper Shenango River was at flood stage yesterday. Should have filled the lake super fast just from that flow. Orangeville area should have been the same. Lots of water showed up fast !
2015/12/28 10:25:23
BeenThereDoneThat.
Level jumped to 892.7 overnight, another foot and it's back to "normal" summer pool level.  Looking at the chart the level is expected  to rise.  

No doubt the plug will get pulled before spring showers.

I may, weather permitting, have to do a little winter boater moating just to see what I can see.  Must exercise caution, watching for any debris washed in from up the criks I would think.  

Geeez, how time fly's.........  I'll need to renew my license before I can get away and do some feeshin.  Which is what I should be doing instead of sitting in a tree.

Happy New Year everyone.

2015/12/28 19:28:36
woodnickle
muddy muddy

2015/12/29 11:42:50
chauncy
The lake has risen 7 feet over the last week with all this rain we've gotten. Wondering if those fish moved shallower into that warmer muddy water or deeper into the clearer water. If the weather holds up, i'll find out tomorrow.
2015/12/29 19:08:03
BeenThereDoneThat.
Should be interesting for sure, good luck Chauncy, let us know how you make out.
2015/12/31 14:35:52
CAPTAIN HOOK
I can't ever remember the 7 sluice gates on Shenango Dam opened up 3.5 feet each ! That's discharging some serious water.
2015/12/31 19:26:32
BeenThereDoneThat.
Dad-burn-it........ ! I was hoping the water level would stay high through next week.

Oh well, maybe all that water going down the tube will flush out all the trout and the walleye will move back in.

I still ain't buying one of them stupid trout stamps so I can catch other fish..... tain't right I say.

Here's a thought; Capt. you go and catch the walleye and I'll help you eat em. 10-4??

Now that there's a good deal; I don't care who ya are.

Just setting up my launch tubes so I can light-up the night sky at the stroke of midnight. Gonna say 'see ya, thanks for the memories' to 2015 and 'Helloooo' to 2016.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL.

PS. My New Year resolution..... yeah right!!!!! (lmao)
2016/02/05 18:48:33
CAPTAIN HOOK
From the 2014 NW Biologist report .......

"Our walleye catch was the best in many years and was just shy of the minimum set in the Inland Walleye Management Plan. Historically, Shenango River Lake had been stocked at the rate of 10 Walleye fingerlings per acre, which is below the base rate suggested in the Inland Walleye Management Plan, therefore, the stocking rate was increased to 20 per acre beginning in 2013. During our next survey, the Walleye catch must improve to meet the minimum set in the Inland Walleye Management Plan to remain in the Walleye stocking program."

Another lake in serious jeopardy of loosing out on the Walleye stocking program !  

They stopped stocking Musky here a few years ago too  !

Pretty soon the main fishing species around our lakes will be Carp ! Just like in England !
2016/02/05 19:01:06
CAPTAIN HOOK
Table 2. Total Catch of other selected species in Shenango River Lake in 2014. Species
Total Captured
Quillback Carpsuckers

Common Carp
Redhorse Suckers
Bullheads
Lots of these to catch ! 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account