2015/11/29 14:08:37
CAPTAIN HOOK
Your too much Walcat.......LMAO !  Time to chase those Deer for a short while. I'm not as lucky with the buck kills it's been awhile for me. Only go out a few days and hunt, just love my fishing too much .......good luck hunters !
2015/12/09 15:39:39
CAPTAIN HOOK
I see Shenango Lake is way down on water. Crossed over the causeway today lots of shoreline exposed . 
2015/12/09 22:33:25
chauncy
And the fish are bunched up good. Headed up in the morning if the wind isn't too bad.
2015/12/09 22:49:10
BeenThereDoneThat.
CAPTAIN HOOK
I see Shenango Lake is way down on water. Crossed over the causeway today lots of shoreline exposed . 

Normal summer pool is 894' and the gauge is showing winter pool presently at 887'.
2015/12/10 18:27:56
chauncy
I got out today for about five hours. Caught and released over 50 fish. 3 smallies and 2 largemouths included. I kept seven to fry for Pattie. One big whitebass and six crappies. That should be enough for her.
2015/12/10 21:05:26
woodnickle
Now thats a nice bunch of fish! Nice job chauncy
2015/12/11 10:56:54
CAPTAIN HOOK
I heard the same report Chauncy , fish are stacking up in big schools. Lots of shallow islands and rock piles popping up with low water. Old Xmas trees everywhere. Wonder if pieces of that plane that crashed in there that one Winter will show up too ?
2015/12/11 11:26:11
BeenThereDoneThat.
If there's a airplane in Shenango, I'd be willing to bet Chauncy could find it, he does have some electronics on board his vessel.
2015/12/11 13:29:41
CAPTAIN HOOK
They pulled most of it out after it happened. They said some guy committed suicide years back and decided to dive his plane into Shenango Lake right around the Christmas holidays.  I personally seen it after the crash . It was half buried in the ice on the east side of the lake tail pointed straight up. Anybody driving North across the causeway could see it. Poor guy must of had some serious problems. Wasn't the only tragedy on that lake over the years. Two young guys died in a ultra plane one summer while flying over the lake. They crashed and were unable to get unstrapped and both drown. Had a young guy killed atop the Mahaney RR trestle years ago (60's) was hit by a train while high diving off the top with a bunch of friends. I personally knew this guy and it was a sad tragedy. I still see a few high divers now and then off the trestles .....crazy !
2015/12/12 17:55:59
chauncy
Brock, that kid was from Farrell, wasn't he? Knew him, but now I can't remember his name.
BTDT, I was out a again today with my neighbor. He wanted to put some fish away for the winter. We put 52 in the live well and he put $20 in the gas tank. This weather is fantastic. Headed to Pymy tomorrow.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account