2015/10/14 17:49:33
chauncy
Fished Shenango a couple times last week when we had that warm spell. Crappie bite was pretty impressive both days. Wednesday i fished with my youngest brother, Rich, and we caught over 80 fish in a little over three hours. Used BG baby shads under 1/2 oz weights to hold them down and trolled .7 mph [ gps ]. Kept a limit for his in-laws, here from Vegas. Next day i took my oldest brother, Bill, out. Same area, same program and kept 35 for him. Fish were scattered around in 12 ft but were real aggressive. Good time with a couple of my brothers.
2015/10/14 21:06:05
woodnickle
Glad you got into them chauncy....haven,t been there in 3 weeks.  Hoping to catch some eyes for the freezer tomorrow.    fish on

2015/10/14 22:37:48
chauncy
Have fun John. Gonna get a BTDT start tomorrow. Gonna wait til around 10: to get out.
2015/10/15 03:12:32
BeenThereDoneThat.

2015/10/28 11:30:04
woodnickle
***BOAT CAPSIZES IN SHENANGO RIVER LAKE***
CLARK — Officials and emergency responders are currently working to retrieve a capsized boat from the Shenango River Lake, according to a representative at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers office at the lake, who provided information by phone around 9 a.m. Wednesday morning.
The boat, reported with at least one occupant who was duck hunting, capsized Wednesday morning
2015/10/28 11:53:28
woodnickle
****SHENANGO RIVER LAKE UPDATE****
CLARK — John Kolodziejski, of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at The Shenango River Reservoir, said the boat that two waterfowl hunters were using was recovered after it capsized around 7:15 a.m. Wednesday, near the Parker's Landing boat launch.
Kolodziejski said that the unidentified hunters were both wearing the required lifejackets, and were able to make it the shore, adding that one of the gentleman was waiting by his truck, while the other had not been able to make it further than the shore. Kolodziejski explained that exhaustion from swimming in the 50 degree water was the cause.
Kolodziejski said that South Pymatuning Township Volunteer Fire Department dispatched its utility vehicle, which transported the man on a stretcher from the shoreline to the awaiting ambulance crew from McGonigle's, who then transported the man to a local hospital for observation, but believes that there were no injuries.
"Had they not been wearing the required lifejackets, we may be facing a completely different scenerio," Kolodziejski said by phone mid-morning Wednesday.
Pa. Fish and Boat Commission waterways conservation officers also assisted.
Check the Thursday edition of The Record-Argus for the complete story.
2015/10/28 12:53:19
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks for posting the story Mikastorm and certainly glad the men made it to shore.  

Don't know what the full details of the accident are but, I know the wind is just ripping by my place at times. The Clark area is known to get high damaging winds and was even struck by a tornado around Nov. 11, 2002.

Thanks again for the posting and may it serve as a reminder to all!

As Walcat says: Ya just never know!
2015/10/28 14:51:28
bubbaman
is the parker launch up by golden run ?
2015/10/28 17:14:27
woodnickle
No bubba it is next to the 10 hp area
2015/10/28 20:47:04
chauncy
No. It's at the other end of the lake.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account