2015/08/29 00:26:36
BeenThereDoneThat.
Didn't realize how long it's been since I fished the reservoir; glad I had my Nuvi GPS so I could find the place.   Hit the water at 1:00 pm and couldn't have had a nicer day to be on the lake.  Pretty quiet boater moat wise until about 4:00 pm and that's when I found out my little boat might be able to withstand "two footers" on Erie; should I ever want to hit the big lake.  

As for fishing, I've certainly had better days on Shenango and, after speaking with several other anglers, I wasn't alone in wondering when the 'bite' would turn on.  Fished til dark then, released 5 barely keeper size crappy from the live well.  Ulta Light rod and reel baited with 1/16 oz jigs tipped with tube bodies of various colors produced the crappy in 12 to 15 fow.  Crank baits of various types and sizes tossed toward and, parallel to the shore line produced nothing but, a sore shoulder.  

Sure woulda liked to have been able to stay out under the big old moon hangin' overhead; even planned on hitting Pymie for some night time angling but, for reasons unknown, I trailer-ed the boat and drug my tired old donkey home.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day, if I can drag my dead @zz out of bed before noon (it's a beetch being retired) maybe I'll try again.

Stay tuned. 
2015/08/29 10:59:44
marco
btdt....try trolling nano divers over the humps and cribs.  Did great last two outings up there.  I was supposed be there today but my back went out and I am in no condition to sit in the boat all day.  best of luck to you!
2015/08/29 11:02:21
CAPTAIN HOOK
1 pm. !  The fish already had breakfast and lunch. LOL.....  6 am. would work better set that alarm clock and good luck !
2015/08/29 12:01:04
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks guys, was just great to get back on the water.

Marco sorry to hear about your back, that has to be miserable and after fishing yesterday I would agree, best to rest to play another day!
Wishing you a quick recovery.

Captain hook, 6:00 am...........     seriously?     Was hoping to see some action in the evening, did see several small pods of what I think were shad feeding on the surface but no "water busting" by anything.    Maybe try it again this evening and stay a little later under the moon.  Might even try trolling some new lures I picked up at the bank yesterday, they come in size one, size five and, and colored similar to the water.   Sorrry couldn't help myself.

Gotta get.  
2015/08/30 11:32:09
woodnickle
Fished Friday and the lake was like glass....no fish on top....drug a white bass around for who knows how long...lol Most of the fish I saw were at 12' over 20' depth. Missed 3 short strikes. Brother caught 1 smally about 12". Fishing was good but catching was bad
2015/08/30 23:35:01
woodnickle
Also I  was checked twice...once on the water and another at the dock. The guy at the dock had his lights shining at me and i could not see the dock....I hallered for him to shut his lights off but noooo....almost ran a guys bobber over that was fishing in the handy cap area....what a jerk
2015/08/31 22:33:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
Boyz was out and about the other night reminding some boaters about their navigation lights.  Fortunately for me they had to make several stops before reaching my location and I had my lights turned on.  Seems some captains didn't realize that bow and stern lights are required (at sunset) when the boat is not anchored.  Far as I know those skippers received only a sermon.

Sure were a pretty night.......................
2015/08/31 23:32:15
woodnickle
yep....like glass....no fish too I bet

2015/09/01 11:58:44
ZelieSam
Nav lights (green and red front) on while moving, stern light (white, highest point on craft) on always.  This isn't that hard.  

We were using a lantern on a shepherd's hook on the back of the pontoon but I found a harness for the proper light pole in some parts I had laying around and wired it up.  That's how easy it is to light your boat.  People are just lazy.
2015/09/01 15:07:09
BeenThereDoneThat.
NIGHT OPERATION AND LIGHTS
All vessels must show required running lights between the hours of sunset and sunrise and during periods of restricted visibility, such as fog and heavy rain. A sailboat operating under power and sail must display the proper running lights for a powerboat. Navigation lights are restricted to the colors red, green and white. No lights of any type except for the required navigation lights may be displayed. Navigation lights are designed to identify the type of boat and its situation (underway, direction of travel, at anchor, etc.) on the water. Boats underway include drifting boats. Night boaters should carry spare bulbs, fuses, batteries and a flashlight.
The navigation lights required for boats are determined by the boat’s length and whether it is powered by machinery, sail, paddles or oars.

********************************************************************************************

A very nice waterways patrolman explained this next law to me around 10:30pm on Pymie one night.   Heh heh hehhh.... ooooops!

DOCKING LIGHTS: It is illegal to use docking lights, while underway, except when docking and the boat is traveling at slow, no wake speed and is within 100 feet of approaching a dock, a mooring buoy or the shoreline. A docking light is a flood or spotlight type of light permanently installed or permanently mounted on a motorboat that is used to illuminate a boat’s forward course of travel.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account