2016/02/24 22:46:10
opsman
Gotta turn in, but Old Dog I am serious.  You, me and the Starcraft this spring.  We will tear up the north end like it's 1970!  I swear I fish some of the same logs I did back then!  Even if we don't catch a thing we can talk about the way it was!  Ah, the good old days.  Except for the part about no motors.  That was just downright archaic!
2016/02/24 22:56:59
BeenThereDoneThat.
Opsman, I was merely trying to make a point (and was successful, thank-you) showing how distraught people can become when their their intentions are questioned.   I really didn't mean to pisz in anyone's Post Toasties by any means.

However, that being said, I must correct you on yet another mistake you made........... I ain't your buddy!

2016/02/24 23:03:58
opsman
We agree to disagree.  I'm just glad you got the permission from that poor guy in the water before you put his picture in that horrible situation all over the internet for everyone to see.   It was really brave of him.
2016/02/24 23:15:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
Not only that, he made statewide TV too!  Maybe even by now, national..... who knew???
2016/02/25 07:00:20
holly107
did you ever think he might have took pic after the rescue team got there what possibly could the man do by himself. if he goes and trys to rescue him with no one else there where might he be with no help . just think about this.
2016/02/25 07:54:44
outasync
Did you stop to think maybe he only posted the pic because the man LIVED. The whole situation would be different if he had not. I'm sure the pictures and video from the news both would not be seen by anyone if things turned out the other way.
2016/02/25 12:32:23
DayLateDollarShort
Yes old dog, that definately is the case. Had he not made it the pics would have been deleted immediately. 
2016/02/25 13:19:11
DayLateDollarShort
I was absolutely in a panic inside! I was on the phone with 911, telling Dan (the Amish man in the water) to hold on, help is coming. When the ranger Dan Bickel showed up with Sean in the gumby suit, I was so happy. I had to quit recording to help pull the rope to bring him in. Lots of adrenalin pumping.  I do not know how I would live with myself if that man would have slipped under. I knew there would be 2 bodies to recover if I went out there. I had no rope, nothing. It was 150 feet off the point just south of the Jamestown livery. The Pines. 
2016/02/25 13:37:04
DayLateDollarShort
Thank you. I was a trucker for 35 years so I've seen a lot but this was the second most terrifying experience next to when my daughter at about 10 years old laying under a 4 wheeler upside down in a ditch. That was the worst. She was fine but I didn't know that and I picked the machine up and threw it out on to the trail. Amazing what adrenalin can do. 
2016/02/25 13:38:20
DayLateDollarShort
The Rangers said it was about 12 ft deep and with the current it would have taken him under the ice. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account