• Northwest PA
  • Shenango Walleye Stockings / Inland Walleye Program (revisited) (p.4)
2016/02/26 20:46:03
CAPTAIN HOOK
I wonder why not ?

The jump in walleye numbers was the result of the LEC’s new population assessment model for determining how many walleye are swimming in Lake Erie. The new model increased the estimated size of the walleye population to more than 22 million fish.

Ahh,.... that's why.
2016/02/26 21:00:19
CAPTAIN HOOK
Here's a little interesting fact I came across too......

The total allowable catch (TAC) for Lake Erie walleye was set at 4.027 million fish, a noticeable jump from a TAC of 3.356 million in 2013. Ohio gets the lion’s share of 2.058 million fish, up from 1.715 million in 2013, with Ontario allocated 1.734 million walleye. Michigan, Pennsylvania and New York get small shares of the TAC.
Ohio does not allow commercial fishing for walleye, and sport anglers have not come close to catching Ohio’s quota of walleye in decades. In Ontario, commercial walleye fishing dominates. Even with reduced effort in recent years, netters have been able to catch the majority of the Ontario quota.

Good old Canadian netters ! Bet there's a lot of extras in those nets !
2016/02/26 21:11:38
crappiefisher
 Since they don't stock'em in Erie & the lower Allegheny like they don't stock the SR &  are polluted maybe the SR can thrive like LE & the lower Allegheny without help from man made fish?? Hope so...

crappy
2016/02/26 21:19:24
crappiefisher
how many square miles are in PA  & how many in NY?
2016/02/26 21:29:30
CAPTAIN HOOK
I highly doubt that, but who knows maybe with all the limited river access miles below they will manage somewhat. I don't see any Walleye numbers at all in the upper Shenango like there was past years so that tells me Mother Nature is not on their side. Even if smaller fish were around I'd feel like maybe it might work , but it's been bad since stocking has been eliminated . When you fish a good section of river and see very few fishermen, and you catch almost no fish after repeated visits, you know it ain't right.  Especially when you and others did good past years in the same water.   
2016/02/26 21:38:38
crappiefisher
 I'd be goin' to Pmy in April & start milkin' eggs & be putin' in my bathtub for a month if I lived close to the SR THEN. pURDY sIMple

crappy
2016/02/26 21:55:40
CAPTAIN HOOK
If I go to Pymy in April and do sum katchin  I'll be puttin' em my freezer !
2016/02/26 22:26:23
crappiefisher
They be in my freezer also after doin' some milkin' 
Hope your Grandkids get to enjoy that river as much as u have.

crappy 
2016/02/27 07:02:29
BeenThereDoneThat.
crappiefisher
They be in my freezer also after doin' some milkin' 
Hope your Grandkids get to enjoy that river as much as u have.

crappy 

That's like plant/raising your own food supplies then pay the grocery stores so you can harvest them for your use.  How about the grocery stores charge you extra for the red potatoes you grow over the russets just because you enjoy that spud over another.  

Because that's exactly what you suggest, pay the PSFBC for doing their work.  

The reason anglers have been able to enjoy such success on the rivers and lakes with catching other fish is because the "PFC" did their work in past years, unlike, the present PSFBC that thinks tossing "trout" to the masses completes their responsibilities.

Therefore, everyone's grandchildren could enjoy fishing, if the PSFBC would get back to the basics.

PS. There may also be some legal matters regarding your suggestion.  But, I'll stand corrected!

2016/02/27 12:09:00
crappiefisher
   You never were publicly intoxicated,went over the speed limit, got into a fight so on & so on??  Oh well if it makes someone this upset just got to live with it for now I guess? and go through the legal process 

gotta go headin' to Pmy for 3 too 4 days 

crappy 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account