2016/02/22 10:45:10
hockeypat27
My brother is driving in from out of town to ice fish. The tournament at PI got cancelled today. Does anyone have ice left? I'm curious about Canadohta Lake...all area lakes are open for discussion! Let me know! -newbie
2016/02/22 10:54:19
hockeypat27
We want to fish on Sunday the 28th. Thanks!
2016/02/23 08:32:33
treesparrow
hocheypat27,  None like hard water fishing more than I. However I am done for the year. It is just not worth the risk. All area lakes are iffy. You would have to go much farther north for good ice. I have heard of fishermen going through at almost all local lakes. It is just not worth it.

If you are determined join IceShanty.com , and you will have access to reports from local lakes.
  Above all be safe, and remember when ice is thin and of poor quality an hour of sun and or warm temps can make it dangerous.
2016/02/23 10:04:06
BeenThereDoneThat.
Well said Treesparrow, well said.

Hockey, I don't know where you are coming from, but you may wish to check out the shorelines at Shenango to do some fishing.  There is plenty of access to some great fishing areas and Shenango can produce some mighty fine pan fish.

If Chauncy or Captain Hook see your request they would most likely be happy to help you with any questions on where, what, and, how.

Good luck and stay tuned to your thread.

PS. I would be more than happy to give you some sound advice but, I assuming you would like to catch and not just go fishing.

2016/02/23 10:45:42
chauncy
John, sorry but i wont be any help at this time. I haven't been near the lake since christmas eve. I missed the whole icefishing season due to an illness. Getting better but not there yet.
2016/02/25 17:00:59
treesparrow
chauncy, My best wishes for your recovery, spring crappy getting close. That alone should kindle fast recovery.
2016/02/25 17:33:29
Pauleye60
I visit this site at least twice a day. I rarely post anything because I rarely fish anymore. I was diagnosed with COPD, a degenerative lung ailment. I sold my boat and my best fishing buddies (my DAD and John P.) have passed away. So I read the posts here and sit back and remember days on the water catching walleyes from the Allegheny. The posts I enjoy reading the most are from Chauncy, Captain Hook, BeenThereDoneThat and others who fish SW PA. So Chauncy, get well soon so I can fish with you, at least in my mind.
2016/02/25 19:53:51
BeenThereDoneThat.
Dang Paul that just ain't right, mind if I ask what part of PA. you call home?
2016/02/26 12:55:02
chauncy
Thanks guys. Getting better by the day. I'll be walking the shorelines by next week, looking for that crappie and perch bite. Might even take some minnows with me. See you guys out there. I'll post reports when I can.
2016/02/26 13:12:23
CAPTAIN HOOK
Thanks' Paul , glad you enjoy the conversations , posts , and pictures. I like to post a lot of photos of local scenery , and fish ( when I get a few ) . Hope they keep good memories going for you.

Early morning Summer on the Allegheny

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account