• Northwest PA
  • Game or fish warden run ins ! Good & Bad (p.3)
2016/04/11 14:03:32
Big Tuna
Ice fishing Pymy,at tuttle walked parallel with the causeway,walked out maybe 1000 yards,my son and I are picking through crappie and perch. We iced 24 nice fish between us,no eyes. Upon arrival at the shore Mr. Warden starts asking questions. You have a license,yea,who's this with you my son,he doesn't look like you, yea he looks like his mother. What the hell does his looks got to do with anything? License check  good ID good. Next question how many rods where you using. One each we where jigging? Even if I said 10 apiece how could he prove it ? You got some eyes in there? No,you sure yea. I going to dump your bucket,ok go for it. He dumps the bucket of fish and counts them out. I said you no there no limit on panfish don't you ?oh your right. Just making sure you weren't hiding a short eye. I tell him thanks for assuming I'm guilty of a violation,and please put my fish back in the bucket,he reluctantly did and we went on our way. Just doing his job? Don't think so must of had a bad day.
2016/04/12 07:46:28
BorgCollective
This is a good thread with good posts and all but what ever happened to good grammar like punctuation sentences stuff like that? hard to read this stuff when it is all one big long string of words.you cant tell where one sentence ends and the next one starts.Looks like Been There is the only one that knows where the space bar and enter key is at on the computer.
Jus Sayin 
2016/04/12 08:06:53
Walleye jigs
Every day, down to earth people ain't perfect! If good grammar is a must for you try WQED sites. We're just regular folks who play on the water not walk on it.
2016/04/12 08:13:58
lovthoseyes

2016/04/12 08:30:46
Lucky13
CAPTAIN HOOK
On a good note to wardens, we were fishing on a small trib in NY and got checked by a Niagara County Fish Warden. After talking awhile, and some friendly conversation, he made us a suggestion and a drew us a map on where to fish on the Niagara River. It turned out to be the best information we could have ever received. Fished the Niagara River for many, many years after that encounter !  

I have lived in WNY for 65 years, and have never heard of a County Fish Warden.  Need an elevator pass?

Seriously, F+G laws are the responsibility of the State, EnCon officers are NYS Police who concentrate on Environmental Conservation Laws.

You may have hit the guy doing the Creel Survey's, En CON would check licenses, the other guy asks you how long you fished, what you caught, etc.
2016/04/12 08:32:12
The Ref
Yeah really man if you're offended by the way us commoners rite you really don't need to read it
sorry i missed a punctuation
2016/04/12 08:44:02
Walleye jigs
If it weren't for spell check I wouldn't even know what I was saying.!?, I no 1 of dem goes there
2016/04/12 08:54:51
BeenThereDoneThat.
Walleye jigs
Every day, down to earth people ain't perfect! If good grammar is a must for you try WQED sites. We're just regular folks who play on the water not walk on it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Umm.... uhhh..... is there a message, in there Jigs, about anyone in particular?  The " Everyday, being down to earth people" thingy, I mean?   He Hee....

Thanks for the flowers Borg but I think in some cases, a guy just may be in a bit of a hurry, perhaps tired, or just plain 'fizzled' from reading all my ratchet jawing.  Might even throw in "cabin fever" as a possible cause or, someone just hit the wrong key and sent a draft instead of the final copy.

Regardless of how it is presented, I enjoy reading a story as many times, contained in a few words, a sentence or, a paragraph  there will be memories of good (sometimes bad) times gone "bye".

Recently edited, found mistake....... stupid spell check!!
2016/04/12 10:02:08
Walleye jigs
Not I says me, I would never do that! Just you big city people speak so pretty. My kids got me one of those apps where you talk it types, but I got tired of arguing with it cause it couldn't understand half of what I said,.!?
2016/04/12 12:50:04
registered
Not much to complain about with law enforcement in general. My experience has been mostly positive.
These men and women have full law enforcement authority and they carry guns in the field. I don't mess with them.
Usually fish PA, OH, WV & MD.
Rangers at Deep Creek lake (MD) will sometimes stop you several times in the same day. They're always polite. I think they just want to BS with someone.
I've heard it's the same at Stonewall Resort in WV.
Been approached on Lake Erie several times, never a problem. (No breathalyzer test).
But, I can complain about the PA Fish and Boat Commission, but that's probably for another thread. 
Quick story, just happened last week.
I called the WV fish commission to find out about regulations governing Jennings Randolf lake that borders WV and MD.
The young lady I spoke with (Kim) was incredibly knowledgeable and polite. She was able to explain the complex regulations involved with that lake.
Then I called the PA commission to inquire about regulations governing Youghiogheny Lake that borders PA and MD. The person that answered the phone didn't have a clue and gave me another number to call. Called the number and nobody answered, got an answering machine, didn't leave a message. And WV is backward?
I'm done complaining, ready to fish.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account