2016/04/08 21:39:13
BeenThereDoneThat.
Big Tuna
Looks like crappie fillets. Did Marco give you some? lol Hard to beat a simple fish fry. So basic,but so good. I could eat it twice a week but the the wife complains about the grease smell. I've got a kitchen full of burning candles right now! My house smell more like  beds and bath  than a kitchen.lol Enjoy your meal BTDT

Did Marco give me "what", are you serious, I had to steal a picture of his bucket of fish just so I could remember what a Crappie looks like.  HA HAA.  

Ain't nothin finer then walking in to the house on a chilly afternoon and smell deep fried fish cookin'.

PS. I have one of those filters in my furnace that removes odor..... it works.
2016/04/08 23:24:52
CAPTAIN HOOK
If you want good spicy flavored fish buy Andy's Cajun. It's spicy, so you might want to cut it with another mix you like. I like it spicy, so it's in the egg wash, and rolled in Andy's Cajun only, and into the hot oil. It's always the first to go at the Captain's fish fry's. Just a tip: If you are frying other fish in the same oil, fry with Andy's last , it will spice up the oil too! This is a major hit with cold beer ! Put the French fries in after for an extra spicy treat .
Buy at most Wal-Mart's, cheap and goes a long way too !

Comes in 3 different flavors but Cajun is my favorite choice !

outasync ,   that's my favorite all round meat seasoning !

2016/04/09 10:40:28
The Ref
I just try any type of crackers smashed up. Ritz are good corn flakes too. Cheese it's and Doritos give it a nice taste. Potatoe chips are pretty good. I'll try what ever is in the cupboard but first I need to catch some eyes...lol maybe next weekend
2016/04/09 12:31:37
crappiefisher
 I start with rollin' in flour then dip in egg/milk then anything goes. 

crappy
2016/04/09 12:37:35
outasync
Never done the flour first may have to try that next time. Does it make the breading crisper?
Captain - My father in law puts cavenders on everything lol I only put it on venison burgers and fish. Sometimes I substitute old bay in the bread crumbs
2016/04/09 12:51:11
crappiefisher
 Think it's supposed to make the egg/milk stay put better. Saw it done that way on fishin' & cookin' t.v. shows when I was child.

crappy
2016/04/09 13:04:00
Slabseeker
I take the McCormick Fish'n Chips batter and mix it with 7up, Ginger Ale, or Sierra Mist. Dip fillets in the batter mix and then into Potato Flakes and deep fry. The potato flakes add to the flavor in my opinion. I know the fillets don't last long around our place.
2016/04/09 13:20:41
crappiefisher
 Think last week I used pancake mix in place ov the flour on Crappie & Perch. The Perch were still full ov eggs.
2016/04/09 15:28:15
Big Tuna
Yeah did Ritz a lot years ago, did cheese nips, instant potatoes, Andy's cajun,  4C's, Progresso, half corn meal half flour,did the beer batters..All good,I eat a lot of crappie,to me there to mild,I always add spices to  homemade breading , cayenne,black pepper,garlic powder,old bay, chili powder, or pre made fish spices,lemon pepper, cajun the list goes on.  Try adding a little Srarcha hot sauce to your egg wash, bam ! 
2016/04/09 15:32:28
pikepredator2
yellow corn meal on my perch then fry in crisco, the shortening, not the oil.  salt.  Love smelts dusted with flour and deep fried.  Everything else I'll experiment with.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account