2016/04/08 13:24:21
Big Tuna
I'm not to fancy when I'm cooking fish, fried with a light breading is fine with me. We also bake,broil and even boil poor man's shrimp cocktail. Any good recipes worth trying? It's my turn to cook fish today,just finished lunch. The menu was fried jumbo gill fillets dipped in egg wash and 4 C's bread crumbs and pan fried. I'm part caveman that's what my son and I ate,nothing else but hot sauce and an adult beverage. Tonight walleye cheek,linguine. Butter,olive oil,garlic,parsley,basil,and little wine wine,sauteed,and tossed in the pasta. Any good recipes,always looking for new ways to enjoy my bounties. Thanks
2016/04/08 13:45:45
BeenThereDoneThat.
For a quick meal it's "Cracker Meal" Sea Food Mix by McCormick.  Add additional seasoning to your liking but hold the garlic for me.   Fillets going into the frying pan as we speak.

Can't tell ya where the fillets came from, I promised, "no spot burning". 

Enjoy your meal BT.
2016/04/08 13:52:49
mopars0
Don't have a bunch in fact this is about all I use...McCormick Fry Mix, Beer batter ... I use a 12oz beer with 1 package , use cast iron skillet with oil about half filled ... Dip fish in mix , put in skillet ...deep fry it for about 8 minutes or to your liking .... That all I got but my neighbor's love it ....
2016/04/08 13:56:28
Porktown
Here are some of my favorites.  Easy.

Pan fried.  Sleeve of saltine crackers and about half cup of flour in the food processor until crackers are small crumbs, not a powder.  Toss in some seasonings too.  I just dip the fillets in milk, but egg works for thicker breading.  Usually season again after nice and golden brown, or darker.  Ritz or Cheezits work well too.

Grilled.  Coat both sides with mayo.  I use light mayo, and works fin.  I still use a fish spatula.  Season to your taste, salt and pepper is just fine.  Mayo will keep from sticking and give some incredible grill mark flavor.  If you want to be fancy.  Use different fish, with salmon and tuna in as well, to have different colors and flavors.

Baked or grilled.  Look up recipes for both "Bourbon Chicken" and "Roadside Chicken" marinades.  Works very well on fish too.

I like smoking fish too.  A ton of good recipes on here that I have stolen in the past.
2016/04/08 13:57:05
Big Tuna
Looks like crappie fillets. Did Marco give you some? lol Hard to beat a simple fish fry. So basic,but so good. I could eat it twice a week but the the wife complains about the grease smell. I've got a kitchen full of burning candles right now! My house smell more like  beds and bath  than a kitchen.lol Enjoy your meal BTDT
2016/04/08 14:03:52
Porktown
I think what I make is basically cracker meal.  Will have to check that out in the store.  Saltines are so cheap though, and make for a good "back up" snack when low on snacks around the house...

I meant to add to the grilled fish, to be fancy have the different fish on a kabob stick.

2016/04/08 15:16:54
roygpa
We usually use Shore Lunch, but I have to admit that the crappie that the fish commission cooked at the Linesville open house last weekend was really good and all it was was an egg wash and 4C breadcrumbs then into the fryer. I asked the guy what he doctored his recipe with and he said "nothing. just those two ingredients."

-Roy
2016/04/08 15:21:10
outasync
I like to add cavenders Greek seasoning to McCormick fish and chips
2016/04/08 16:31:12
thunderpole
Any breading or potato flakes are good, or cast iron pan on the woodburner butter pepper ,begin to drink your beer
2016/04/08 21:26:56
BeenThereDoneThat.
mopars0
Don't have a bunch in fact this is about all I use...McCormick Fry Mix, Beer batter ... I use a 12oz beer with 1 package , use cast iron skillet with oil about half filled ... Dip fish in mix , put in skillet ...deep fry it for about 8 minutes or to your liking .... That all I got but my neighbor's love it ....

You got some lucky neighbors buddy!!!!  Did ya ever try Ginger Ale or Coke in place of beer?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account