2016/04/07 19:25:26
opsman
Chauncy  The launch and parking lot will close on June 1st  That being said, I almost exclusively put in at Linesville.  I have a 17' starcraft but I fish almost always during the week, not the weekends.  What's my next best option for launching and staying close to the north end and away from the crowds?
2016/04/07 20:24:21
chauncy
opsman
Chauncy  The launch and parking lot will close on June 1st  That being said, I almost exclusively put in at Linesville.  I have a 17' starcraft but I fish almost always during the week, not the weekends.  What's my next best option for launching and staying close to the north end and away from the crowds?

Don't have a clue. I only fish that end of the lake in late April and May. I fish Jamestown area from June on. Mostly for the big bluegills. Someone on here will help out.
2016/04/07 20:38:11
BeenThereDoneThat.
Wilson Rd. Boat Launch off of RT 6 just past Robinson's (I believe), very shallow and I'm not certain about parking but would think during the week, should be OK.  Also Tuttle and Manning as mentioned in the above post.
2016/04/08 07:09:41
Rollingrock
You could put out at Padanaram, it is just south of Clark island on the Ohio side. I have seen the Ohio DNR put out their big fiberglass boat there and not have any trouble.
2016/04/08 08:03:34
BeenThereDoneThat.
Rollingrock
You could put out at Padanaram, it is just south of Clark island on the Ohio side. I have seen the Ohio DNR put out their big fiberglass boat there and not have any trouble.

Leads me to a question; while on the water I can fish the "Buckeye" and possess fish having only a "Keystone" license.  However, I can't stand along the Ohio shore line and fish with a PA. license().  So, assuming I'm correct so far, can a PA. angler use a "Buckeye" launch and return with fish aboard the boat without a Ohio fishing license?   While I am on the subject, is the situation the same, the other way around.

Disclaimer:  Not responsible, for admitting, I don't have a answer! 
2016/04/08 09:16:17
chauncy
Yes. You think all 500 boats out in the stumps are PA only boats? Look at some of those license plates when you go park your trailer. As long as you're not standing on land, fishing, you're good to go. And you're not the first to ask this question. We get it every year or two.
2016/04/08 12:17:36
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thank you, having all the launch areas on the PA. side I never gave it a thought concerning the taking of fish and landing a boat on the Ohio side.  

Tight lines. 
2016/04/08 20:23:30
opsman
Tuna, thanks, going to check out Padanaram.  Forty years ago I can remember putting in at a launch that would have been very near this area.  It was called Rossi's or Rossi's primitive.  Ring a bell with anyone?  Was it renamed?  Defunct?
2016/04/09 12:09:30
treesparrow
I prefer some of the Ohio launches when the wind is from the West. Manning can be a mess with a stiff SW wind. I always head for Padanaram then even though its longer drive. Same with New Bowers as it is also easier to fish West side of lake with West wind. Jamestown When I fish the South end.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account