2012/05/28 21:22:33
Sergeant Major
hey how do get a picture to come up under your username on the left? having a little trouble here
2012/05/28 23:26:14
mopars0
ready2fish

I fished Wilhelm this morning, 6 till 11. Bass are definately post spawn, saw fry in a few places. Caught one nice bass in the 4-5 lb range around one ball of fry.
Fished mid lake and in the stumps. There are tons and tons of bluegill beds up there. Saw thousands of gills and many large ones. Caught 7 bass there, caught 7 bass in the stumps, mostly on a crankbait deflected off wood.

I used to fish the stumps years ago with my son had a great time, back then I had a 12' flat bottom boat & would row. I have a 16' Sylvan now with 9.9 & electric trolling motor would I be OK up there in that? I would love to get my 7 yr old grandson up there and into some panfish., I usually put in at the marina so would go up under 79 to the buoys then from there with electric....I have 2 batteries just in case...lol.....Thanks for some info.

2012/05/29 10:32:08
slabdaddy
You would have no problem with that boat. Sounds like a great set up. Find 10FOW and set a slip bobber for 1ft off of the bottom. Put a 1/16oz jig on with a minnow or my personal favorite, Berkley Gulp Alive 1" minnow in chartruese.
2012/05/29 11:30:14
mopars0
slabdaddy

You would have no problem with that boat. Sounds like a great set up. Find 10FOW and set a slip bobber for 1ft off of the bottom. Put a 1/16oz jig on with a minnow or my personal favorite, Berkley Gulp Alive 1" minnow in chartruese.
Thanks bud ...guess I'll be back up in there always liked it up there, grandson has a week left of school so guess it's me & him..fun times ...LOL

2012/06/04 14:28:05
TheBlueLagoon
2012/06/08 20:29:57
mopars0
slabdaddy

wife & I went up onto the stumps on Wed. afternoon, you're right didn't have any trouble with my 16' boat. Wanted to try it out before I took grandson up in there , planning on getting him up there next Thursday or Friday.. We did ok but all  small crappies.... wife had fun tho, grandson should have a ball. We left up there, went down near launch 2 the old road bed I believe ..anyhow in 16 FOW and got onto the crappie no big slabs but did bring some nice perch & a few crappies home....oh ya I went with the slip bobber too like you said with a minnow ....thanks for the info

2016/03/26 22:20:16
BeenThereDoneThat.
Geez beeen a few years since any discussion took place here so, inquiring minds need to know, for the 2016 season.

Anybody know if the docks are in..................... Yet????
2016/03/26 23:17:06
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
Geez beeen a few years since any discussion took place here so, inquiring minds need to know, for the 2016 season. Anybody know if the docks are in..................... Yet????
haven't checked it yet ... Daughter lives up on ohle rd, think that is it , go over causeway & under I-79 it's on the right. Anyhow was heading back home & saw a truck with boat on Trailer pulling out of launch 4 , didn't see a boat on the lake, nothing at the marina either. Got new fish finder mount & ready to go though..... Garmin EchoMAP 44DV nice but a lot to learn about it ... lol
2016/03/26 23:42:05
BeenThereDoneThat.
I gotta get over there Steve, docks or not.  Think I'm gonna go try it tomorrow and stay away from Pymie for a week or so.  Wilhelm is much shallower.  It has to be warmer I would think.

You're gonna love that echo map.
2016/03/27 10:42:31
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
I gotta get over there Steve, docks or not.  Think I'm gonna go try it tomorrow and stay away from Pymie for a week or so.  Wilhelm is much shallower.  It has to be warmer I would think. You're gonna love that echo map.
well let me know how ya did if you hit the lake today ..... Oh by the way .... HAPPY EASTER !! Hopefully it keeps picking up this year ... Last year was better then the last few years , crappies were not slab but what eye's we got were pretty nice. I've always liked the lake.... Always done good on bass.
I really think I'll like the new finder, I was messing with it the other day just checking how GPS works , couldn't get anything then I thought , dummy you're under the metal carport .... Pulled it out in driveway and I'll be darn ..... It worked fine ..... Lol

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account