2012/05/19 16:31:03
CAPTAIN HOOK

Just a practice on photo posting with the new system. Shenango River.
2012/05/19 16:40:53
mopars0
Looks good Bud............
2012/05/26 10:41:51
reg01
I have been fishing Wilhelm for 25 years. When I say 25 years I'm talking just about every weekend from April 15th till October 15th. The bass fishing has gone way way down hill the past two years. I'm not so sure you can blame it all on the Gizzard shad. The water clarity is terrible. The weeds that are in the lake are covered in brown silt. I have started to go to Pymy and Erie this year and doing allot better. I don't know what the fix is but I hope the lake turns around. I have a place at one of the campgrounds and was spoiled with only having a minute drive to the launch. Now its costing me a lot more in gas to go to the other lakes. I'm going to give it a couple years but if things don't improve I'll have to look at a possible move up to Pymy. Don't want to. I like were I am now but I camp to fish.
2012/05/28 08:50:31
CAPTAIN HOOK
Drove across Lake Wilhelm on I-79 the other day not one boat on the upper end of that lake............sad !
2012/05/28 09:59:08
mopars0
Yeah, Wife & I  were up there last Thursday, went to upper end to get out of the wind...Got a few small crappies and gills,nothing to write home about. Marked a bunch of fish down near causeway on marina side in 11 to 14 FOW but again all small stuff that we got. Sure not like it used to be but it was fun....Cheaper to run there from Franklin, then pymatuning ....talked to the guy at the bait shop and he said one guy at camp grounds has only got 4 walleye so far but all legal. Going to take my 7yr old grandson out soon, so maybe we can get him some action with the small stuff...lol
2012/05/28 14:23:29
Sergeant Major
Fished last night for eyes from 6pmthe till 8pm launched out of 1me went to the north side of the lake between dugan run and ****. Caught a bunch of pan fish no eyes. I just got back from erie at port clinton where we caught our limit of eyes (24) everyday for a week in 2 to 4 hrs. What a let down. I dont think they can see the bait unless it hits them on the nose.
2012/05/28 14:53:18
slabdaddy
Sergeant Major

Fished last night for eyes from 6pmthe till 8pm launched out of 1me went to the north side of the lake between dugan run and ****. Caught a bunch of pan fish no eyes. I just got back from erie at port clinton where we caught our limit of eyes (24) everyday for a week in 2 to 4 hrs. What a let down. I dont think they can see the bait unless it hits them on the nose.

24 every day for a week? When's the fish fry? Man! If you need company for a trip up there after those eyes in  Port Clinton, let me know. LOL! Good job Sarge.
2012/05/28 16:13:32
Sergeant Major
slabdaddy
The fishing was the best I ever experienced on Lake Erie. We caught even more but released them. It was nice to see about 15 eyes under the 15 in min. The biggest eyes were both 30 in. Last year when I went up the Lake was like chocolate milk and we only managed to catch 20 in 4 days. I will let you know when i get the chance to go again. Pyme is the hot lake right now. I manage to limit just about every time i go. But I am determined to catch eyes regularly out of Wilhelm and thats why I keep going back for the abuse. It also helps when I live 4 miles from the lake. I know they are there. Just cant find a consistant catch.
2012/05/28 21:01:33
ready2fish
I fished Wilhelm this morning, 6 till 11. Bass are definately post spawn, saw fry in a few places. Caught one nice bass in the 4-5 lb range around one ball of fry.
Fished mid lake and in the stumps. There are tons and tons of bluegill beds up there. Saw thousands of gills and many large ones. Caught 7 bass there, caught 7 bass in the stumps, mostly on a crankbait deflected off wood.

2012/05/28 21:20:23
Sergeant Major
that is the best report so far i've heard. go get them

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account