2016/05/11 15:06:59
FishSandwichXL
Fished today from 6:30-2:30. Went all over looking for eyes. Caught one south of the spillway fishing deep. Saw guys getting a few crappies but nothing to write home about. Beautiful day, fish just weren't cooperating. Water was 60*F.
2016/05/11 15:16:44
outasync
Saw a few caught just past stockers island today. Heard alot being caught around sunrise on the sandbars. Small island in front of bay 41 and stockers.
2016/05/11 17:06:31
registered
marco
I was up yesterday w my buddy and registered.  we fish all day....3 guys 9 rods.  good chop spitting rain and not 1 legal eye....did not see any caught.  did manage some nice crappies and perch.  had a great time w registered.  He said btdt was to old to fish in the rain so he did not come.  we gave our fish to registered...so if he puts a nice pic of fish on here please give me credit.  no eyes but great friends and being on the water is enough for me!!!  I saw big tuna working out in front of his shop the other day...he did not look happy!   put the wife to work and go fishing!!!

Great day on the water yesterday with Marco and Mark.
We surfed the Bonzai Tuttle Pipeline in the rain, wind and waves. It was colder yesterday than when we last fished together in December. It is May, isn't it?
BTDT, I gave you props for texting me at 5:30AM. Couldn't believe that you'd be up that early. Thanks for the road update.
Caught four short walleye (returned), bunch of crappie, few perch and a nice cat.  
Had some brief motor issues while out in the waves. Thankful that Marco was in the area and had my back. (Even though he threatened to make a video of him towing my boat and posting it here.) Turns out it was just some air in my fuel line.
Listening to the Pens game during the 125mi. trip home in the rain eased the pain somewhat.
Seems like I live at least 100mi. from everywhere I fish?

2016/05/11 22:35:07
Big Tuna
Your right Marco,I'm old and over worked. My buddy torturing me. He send me pics of every small mouth he catches in the bay ( Erie).  He went today and pounded the snot out of them again,three trips in 8 days. Nice to be retired.lol Yesterday around 7 pm headed the Brady's run steam, second cast I hook into a giant breeder by the looks of it 25 inches 5 pounds plus a real fatty. 5 other slobs fishing the hole( looked like druggies to me) tremendous fight on the fly rod and a lengthy battle,I'm telling them to get their line out to no avail. They all keep fishing and casting over my line.  Some girl sucking on a vapor fake cigarette snag my line, jerks and my fish is gone. Thank you. My trout season was two cast I left. Did see two turkeys and the way home,I'm going to have a dance with them in the morning. Now it's all coming back to me why I don't steelhead fish anymore.lol Have fun boys, cause I'm not.lol  That Pens game.just about did me in. Go Pens
2016/05/11 23:38:53
CAPTAIN HOOK
Another beautiful evening on Pymy ......5 small Perch , 1 decent keeper Eye.  

2016/05/12 00:26:23
Sujie
I know most everyone on this site has a boat, but , being boatless, I have to ask does anybody know if the crappy bite on the causeway at Espyville is on or over? Also if anybody wants to give a few good shore fishing spots away freely - much appreciated.
2016/05/12 01:44:03
Pachuckles
Sujie.... being a "boatless" fisherman on Pyme sucks.  But I understand they moved the fishing pier from the northern end of the lake (near Linesville marina) to the south end somewhere.  In years past they've caught Crappie off shore at the Espyville marina on either side of the cement walk way. (Depending on what way the wind is blowing)
2016/05/12 05:54:45
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Went without a boat for many years fishing pymy. Waders are a great investment. Lots of fish to be caught with a pair of waders and the will to adventure a little bit. I know I learned alot about the lake and found some great spots wandering around the north end.
2016/05/12 07:46:12
marco
sujie,  I see people catching craps offshore from the ohio campground boat launch...using bobbers and minnows off the wall to the left!
2016/05/12 09:10:39
CAPTAIN HOOK
I haven't been in a boat yet this year ! Got lots of fish , move around and find em !

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account