2016/05/08 22:51:09
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Way to get on em troller. My mother was out of town, so for mothers day my dad and I decided to pick leeks and go fishing. Drifted 6-7 fow this afternoon. Boated 13 eyes ended up with 7 keepers. When the wind died, the bite died for us.
2016/05/08 23:18:50
BeenThereDoneThat.
Happy to hear you were successful today troller  and good luck tomorrow  me and the Fish Hawk will be along at sometime during the day, not sure just where yet or, what time.

Walleye_Slayer () that sure is a nice catch of eyes, congratulations to you and your dad.  

Circled around the lake, by land that is, checking properties for sale and did not envy anyone trying to fish the Pymie today.  Stopped "Where the ducks walk on the backs of the fish" and was disappointed,  ducks must of had the day off CAUSE  I  only saw geese,  just my luck 'how 'bout it'?

Looked across the road at the Linesville area of the lake and saw waves and whitecaps big enough to knock the snot out of ya!!  NO thank-you very much!!

Yinz know I don't "spot burn"() but I gotta tell yinzes about a great "Country Omelet" I ate and, the wife  enjoyed a "Ham & Cheese Omelet" this morning at a restaurant in Jamestown called Carini's.  Definitely will be returning in the future to try lunch and dinner. 

Tight lines and good times to all.
2016/05/09 05:44:53
bottom troller
"Walleye slayer" very nice catch! I'm going to see if I can find a few eyes today on this lake! My wife and I were just talking about getting some leeks yesterday as well, I'm really needing her leek cream cheese yummy dip!

BTDT I was bouncing in between those white caps in the south end yesterday boy was it interesting! Then the last two hours at dusk wind stopped and it was beautiful!

guess where I'm going for an omelet this morning??😁😁. thanks for spot burning one for me I take all the help I can get!
2016/05/09 08:49:02
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
That cream cheese leek dip is great stuff troller. Planning on making a batch of it tonight. Good luck out on the water today
2016/05/09 10:24:00
marco
crappie slayer..awesome catch...I am heading up tonight.  gonna try it tom..looks like perfect eye weather.  good luck to you guys today!
2016/05/09 12:21:01
bottom troller
Slayer I may need to "troll" for leeks! Slow fishing for me today I haven't caught an eye yet in two days! But I found a couple more perch and crappie! The rate I'm going I may have a meal by the end of the week!
2016/05/09 12:33:05
outasync
Bunch of perch bites on harnesses so far. Had 1 good hit but it was gone by the time I got my rod
2016/05/09 22:52:25
BeenThereDoneThat.
Launched at Manning around 12:30 PM  and before I put the Hawk back on her bunks at 8:30 PM I had one crappie in the "well" and I saw a total of 8 fishy pictures on the sonar.  

Wind was near perfect for drifting with the exception it was from the NNW and had a bit of a chill to it.  Not wanting to play rock-a-bye BTDT and chance losing my lunch, I chose to troll, following the various contours around Tuttle Point.  Tried lures that ran various depths, adjusted the length of line, even adjusted the idle screw on the motor to get a slower trolling speed.  Nothing except for a brush pile that I hooked and it got off which is OK, 'cause it was not legal size.

Next on the agenda was pulling worm harnesses and again along the contours at various distances from the boat.  Got a couple of hits that caused the bait clickers to sound off like a pneumatic wrench, in a auto repair service shop.  Each time half of the crawlers were missing just behind the hook.  May have been fish or maybe more of those pesky brush piles.  

Just a nice day to be on the water and to make it better...........  no doorknobs today, how cool is that?

Oh......  the crappie was released unharmed.

2016/05/09 23:32:54
mopars0
Well BTDT glad you had a nice day on the water and you released that single crappie.... You the man 😜. You gave it your all that is for sure, I talked to my contractor about getting one more honey do thingy today ... Closing in our front porch. Sides already closed in with Windows so have 22'x 8' wall with 2 windows and a storm door to build ... Add some electric and 2 outside lights and then maybe I can be on the lake trolling with you ..... Well I hope so .... Lol ... Now if the weather will work in my favor also not looking good for this week ....until I hit the water .... Good luck my friend ....oh ya I think I need to find my wife a job so she will stop finding things for me to do ...... I do believe she is bored 🍺🍺
2016/05/09 23:43:25
CAPTAIN HOOK
Nice evening on Pymy .............

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account